VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD and A&A Claim Completed, Pray

Rate this question

Navy04

Question

Well my claim for PTSD increase and A&A completed today on Ebenefits but I see nothing. That whole process was quick, only a few months, but very stressful. I submitted a ton of Evidence and letters along with having to go thru 2 C&Ps.  I hope that I receive the BWE next week with good news. Thanks for the support and all the info given by the positive folks on Hadit Hope you guys have a good weekend. God Bless

2 answers to this question

question, I applied for A&A because I am pre 9/11, I was told that if awarded housbound or AA that it would help my case for caregiver once (if) it is opened up for other era veterans but then the AA would be replaced with the caregiver.  Housebound would not, are your post or pre 9/11? 

I am Post 9/11 and VA pays my wife on Highest Tier to be my Caregiver. The A&A is a totally separate pay and program bud. If you qualify for A&A that is what should be good for now. As far as the Caregiver program, I have talked to alot of people at the VA that believe the Program will not be available to the older Vets, due to the fact that most of them are of Age to Apply for SSDI and the SSA has a Caregiver Home Care program as well. Prior to the Recent Gulf War, Vets came home disabled at a Rate of less then 2 out of a 100 per VA Stats, and yet Gulf War Vets are coming home almost 4 per 100, thus more programs are being created for the OIF/OEF Vets. Sadly the VA is so Overwhelmed and behind the race, that the Govt can not even keep up. What is the status of your A&A? Have you had the Exams already? Wish you the best and keep us posted.