VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA APPEAL HEARING

Rate this question

EDWIN

Question

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Yes, my lawyer knows  that VFW has the POA. What I'm thinking is to have her as my witness also. According to VA FORM 21-0790 , I have the right to have "witnesses" at my hearing.

1 minute ago, EDWIN said:

Yes, my lawyer knows  that VFW has the POA. What I'm thinking is to have her as my witness also. According to VA FORM 21-0790 , I have the right to have "witnesses" at my hearing.

As long as it is not a conflict of interest. That form is a VA form accrediting the attorney.  It sounds like you had both the VSO and the Attorney fill out the VA forms to represent you.  That concerns me.

1 minute ago, EDWIN said:

Yeah,,,,I lost on this one and the hearing is next month . 

Well I would ask your attorney if this is a conflict of interest and if so you need to revoke either the VFW POA or your attorney's POA.  I really don't think you can have an attorney as a "witness".  Again, ask your attorney

• HadIt.com Elder

your New Attorney can submit a letter to the VFW and request they REVOKE the POA  

Usually the Veteran submits the request to VA R.O. and request they revoke your VFW as POA.

You could send a letter to both RO & VFW  Request your POA be Revoked and ask for confirmation to be place in your C-FILE. 

some times its not easy  especially if your POA as spent a lot of time on your claim.

jmo

...................Buck