VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA APPEAL HEARING

Rate this question

EDWIN

Question

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Now that it turns out that your personal Attorney is a VA Certified Appeals Attorney, which your sure of, why do you seem confused about the intricacies of your up-coming DRO or BVA Hearing? Your Personal VA Appeals Attorney has to know all the answers, to all your Appeal  questions.

Has she been in touch with the VA, as to representing you and getting an approval regarding Fees.

You raised a question about her testifying on your behalf instead of you wife. What could she testify about? She's not a Dr and would only be able to repeat what you told her. She hasn't had you under daily observation for the past 6 months.

When's the last time you had a discussion with your Attorney, what's her plan of attack? Is she aware of your unanswered Appeal Questions?

Semper Fi

Yes,

1.She has sent the POA form signed by me but VA hasn't change the representative from VFW to her and the hearing is next month. 

2.I believe that she can testify based on that she has my complete file with all the medical evidence (old and new) , she has more information and details than my wife (who wasn't with me when I was in active duty). Yes she has been working with me for a long time (more than 6 months). She instructed me to get some "statements" from family members, co-workers, including my ex-wife, etc. She has also got me in contact with a DR. for my NEXUS LETTER. (The person from VFW has not instructed me of anything she has ).

3.We discuss almost everyday via phone or email regarding my case. 

4.The person from VFW I HAVE ONLY SEEN ONCE IN 3 MONTHS. It is impossible to reach him via phone or mail. He does not answer at all. 

I do not think you are understanding what we are saying.  You have TWO representatives NOW.  You can't have that.  You have to revoke the POA with the VFW.  If your attorney has done that, great.  Secondly, your attorney CAN NOT be a witness!  You have assigned her as your POA, a VA accredited attorney.  She will not be able to testify nor would she be able to testify to provide any substantial weight to your case.  She is your advocate and you need to use her as such.

Yes,

1.She has sent the POA form signed by me but VA hasn't change the representative from VFW to her and the hearing is next month. 

2.I believe that she can testify based on that she has my complete file with all the medical evidence (old and new) , she has more information and details than my wife (who wasn't with me when I was in active duty). Yes she has been working with me for a long time (more than 6 months). She instructed me to get some "statements" from family members, co-workers, including my ex-wife, etc. She has also got me in contact with a DR. for my NEXUS LETTER. (The person from VFW has not instructed me of anything she has ).

3.We discuss almost everyday via phone or email regarding my case. 

4.The person from VFW I HAVE ONLY SEEN ONCE IN 3 MONTHS. It is impossible to reach him via phone or mail. He does not answer at all. 

Exit, Stage Right!

Semper Fi