VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I no longer understand the format of Hadit

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hadit's format has become incomprehensible to me.   I have no idea where I am going half the time.  Keep it simple for us old vets please.

John, I think you were the very first vet here to welcome me about 20 years ago and I too have considerable problems with the site.

It is because I was so used to the older version ,and then had eye surgery and then got a new PC around same time this all changed, and then had to download Windows 10, (hated that at first but it is OK now), 

that I find I waste lots of time here, just trying to find stuff.

I read 'unread' posts  first....then often think about something posted there, often then I go to the BVA or google  to do some research to bolster my reply, and then I come back and cant seem to understand that it is not 'unread' anymore..unless someone else added something to it, .and therefore I need to hunt for the post in All Activity,sometimes forgetting what the Topic of the post said.

Don't get me wrong.I appreciate everything Tbird does to make this site so helpful to veterans and their dependents. It is just that , I hate change and have a hard time adapting to it.

If I try to find something I did post in , to to add to it, I sometimes need to go to my profile,where our recent replies are, but most of the time I just keep farting around with the ALL activity list...until I find it.

I miss a lot here if someone replies to something that I have already read once, and I don't catch their reply and maybe would have something more to offer to help them.

This site is the BEST one on the net for anyone who wants to succeed in their claim.It might be easier for newbees to get used to the site than for us old timers.

But I am again suggesting that many of the vets here get up to speed on  DIC, AO, and CUE,etc etc  because one of the fastest ways to burn out members here is to get them to have to repeat continually , information that is already here,or take the time to provide links to it.

I often use Google to find stuff here because I find the hadit search feature does not always help me find it.

I put the search into Google for example for Buddy Statements and than I add hadit.com and often put my name into the search and than I can find something I know is here because I posted it.

I am VERY Grateful to Tbird for this site.I sure hope others take the time to read the info and articles here every day...particularly anything from Ben Krause.(Disabledveterans.org) 

But I dont even have the time to read all the articles myself.And really have very little time to even be here these days.

Thanks again for your comment John on the latest Fed Reg proposed rule. I sure wish more members here would make public comments.

I am still poed at the 2010 PTSD regs. I wonder if the ARPN nurses will even be providing the PTSD diagnoses in the future.

i

• Founder

I understand your frustration. How would either of you like a one on one demo on how to find the posts you want and how to maneuver around the site? Just give me a bit of your time and let me try and make it easier for you. You will be able to see my screen on your computer and I can demonstrate and answer any questions for you. If anyone is interested please PM me. I'm here to help.

Anyone interested in a demo of the site PM me.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you Tbird and Berta.   This is the best vet site online and always has been.  Tbird, I have difficulty online due to injuries so the longer I am on the more I suffer.  I will think about one on one lessons. Thanks for reaching out to beat up, old vet who does not deal so well with change.

Berta:  Where is Pete53 these days?  I am thinking about sleep apnea claim.  I went to veteraslaw blog.  Is this guy full of it or not?  I have both DMII and now heart condition and sleep apnea.  The DMII, Heart and PN are all service connected.  He seems to be saying AO related disease is a avenue to getting OSA connected.  It must be more complicated I think.

I have not been on Hadit so much due to chronic pain and dealing with family matters.  Trying to train wife to deal with VA but she resists.  She just goes along trusting I will be here to take care of it all.

I tell her DIC and ChampVA  are not gifts and it will all work out if you just do nothing when SNAFU occurs.   She does not get it until emergency happens.  So,  Berta, what are you the super spouse doing these days?  Do you think $1400 a month DIC is enough for spouse of dead 100% vet?   I asked VA how much they would provide if my wife had to go to a nursing home while I was still alive and how would I pay for her.  They told me in that case I should check into the same nursing home.  They told me A&A for spouse was about $200 a month.  Nursing home costs $5000.  Must we both leave this world naked as we came into it?

Thanks Tbird... I will try to find time to do that with you----my life gets hectic.

John, Pete 53 (who I have known since the old Prodigy Vets BBS in the late 1990s, is here only occasionally and his email addy might be open.

Veteranslawblog is Chris Attig and he is a member here. He is legit but I need to check his site for the AO-SA connection...?

Sleep Apnea with no proof of inservice sleep problems but with buddy statements from unit members who bunked with you and complained about your snoring can go a long way to proving the SA service nexus.

Also any reprimands for showing up on duty as sleepy or late, in the service personnel file,can help with the nexus but I would think your nexus could be secondary apnea due to the DMII or the heart disease.

The problem with secondaries is that they often require a real doctor's opinion these days in the form of an IMO/IMO and also sleep study stuff which I dont know how that works.

You have given so much great advice here over the years that I feel you could get your apnea Sced, but like me, I think we are both battle weary of being hard core claimants after our past dealings with the VA.It all takes time and work.And the VA gets worse by the day in my opinion.VA isnt our enemy though....Time is.

"So,  Berta, what are you the super spouse doing these days? "

I still have my farm, I dont raise  livestock anymore and it is share cropped with the local dairy farmers.Farm business is unpredictable and has priority. The cows pasture on my land in back of my house every day so it is nice to see cows out there  (I raised some nice beef) but I don't have to feed them anymore or tote the hay. Also I am in an extensive Bible study program, very active in my church's Senior Ministry, and many other volunteer things there, have a nice garden and lots of flowers to nurture and I like to clean my house and keep my tool collection orderly.Thank God I know how to use power tools.Rod also taught me a lot about electric stuff and even plumbing.If something breaks I always try to fix it myself.

I get 1,245 a month DIC John.No A & A.

"Do you think $1400 a month DIC is enough for spouse of dead 100% vet?"

It is a disgracefully low amount for any spouse if  the death of any vet is due to service or due to 10 year P & T status.Or death by VA. I have 3 separate DIC awards.

But so is VA compensation....Way too low. ....  compensation amounts are SO unrealistic when compared with the sacrifices that you men and women made. The whole VA sucks in my opinion.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

Tbird

I am getting the hang of it.   I guess general frustration over many issues has made me crabby.  I have been working to try and get justice and recognition for my father and grandfather who were both vets whose VA and military records were either lost or burned.   I found source for vets who served prior to WWI.   VA said no such source existed when they denied my grandmother's request for A&A since she was in a nursing home on medicade and had been pauperized by medicade system in order to live in nursing home.  The VA also denied A&A for my mother since they said all my father's WWII records were destroyed in 1973 fire.  He was a disabled vet when he died so they were lying to me once again.  In my mind VA is criminal organization much like the Mafia.  New methods to file claims but it is same old VA Mafia as far as I am concerned.   Heads at the VA should roll.  Neither political party's gives a crap bout us vets.   All this talk and no action to raise compensation and DIC rates.  You provide best website on the internet and you don't even get paid.