VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

St. Petersburg VARO processing time

Rate this question

floridanurse

Question

Anyone ever deal with the St. Pete VARO.... I just had all c&p exams and they are complete on myhealthevet.  Any guess as to when I will get rated? also, after they rate you, how long before retro pay? Does monthly benefit come before retro or vice versa.  Everyone has been amazing on this site.  Thanks to all for your advice.  So far I have been told 100% for PTSD, 10% for right ankle and 10% for tinnitus.... the c&P examiner also said that my bladder condition was secondary to PTSD/MST.  Do they rate secondary conditions?

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not advocating lying!   Get that through your skull.   If perhaps you had been molested as a child the VA would probably have crucified you if you told them.   I am not telling people to lie!!!  There are things you just do not tell the VA.   Do you not get that?  You don't talk about before service or after service as far as any injury or illness until you have that TDIU or 100% in the bag.    I fought for my compensation P&T for 30 years.  They used the fact I was abused and neglected as a kid and got into scrapes in high school against me because I was dumb enough to spill my guts.    VA C&P doctors put words in my mouth and screwed me to the wall.  Do you know what mind rape is well the VA is good at it.  You say other vets get benefits at the expense of others.  What do you know about these people?  You know they are lying?

Even though I'm not at a 100% rated...I filed my claims in July 2015, I completed my C&P exams on May 19, 2016. I received my approval for 30% on June 1, 2016. A couple weeks later, I received a small retro and my monthly pay started July 1, 2016. I hope this help!

On 8/20/2016 at 10:52 AM, john999 said:

I am not advocating lying!   Get that through your skull.   If perhaps you had been molested as a child the VA would probably have crucified you if you told them.   I am not telling people to lie!!!  There are things you just do not tell the VA.   Do you not get that?  You don't talk about before service or after service as far as any injury or illness until you have that TDIU or 100% in the bag.    I fought for my compensation P&T for 30 years.  They used the fact I was abused and neglected as a kid and got into scrapes in high school against me because I was dumb enough to spill my guts.    VA C&P doctors put words in my mouth and screwed me to the wall.  Do you know what mind rape is well the VA is good at it.  You say other vets get benefits at the expense of others.  What do you know about these people?  You know they are lying?

Yes, I can relate. I have pretty much been raped from my first 3 MOS job-days until now, 34 years later. The VA took over where the US Army left off. Statistically speaking, it's beyond a reasonable chance alone that all their deviations from the truth are so biased to the maximum pain for the veteran: and no matter how nice they seem, it's every gd one of them too (in varying degrees and mind games.)  It's their job and livelihood. They have made a science out of it. 

I'm with you Brother. And I don't know about anyone but me. But when someone breaks in front of everyone hunched over and groaning at 130 dB for 10 minutes straight; and then I see them in Pharmacy afterwards with a content smile in a relaxed position and talking quiet as a mouse, I can make educated assumptions. It's not hard to recognize psychological games (From Eric Berne's Transactional Analysis, TA) by looking at their goals and unmonitored actions. Unfortunately, there is no reliable feedback on the net to tell what is what and who is who. But the Army and Marine suicide rate is an objective measure that would indicate something is not being represented correctly probably many more times than is (and probably everywhere too.)

Edited by armorer

• Founder

a couple of things - 

be honest

and

don't exaggerate

don't suck it up - if you cry then you cry - if you feel like crying but can't cry let them know

if you look like crap everyday because you don't take care of yourself than don't dress up to go to va, just be yourself with all your problems - but don't dress down to try and portray in effort to aid in your claim.

one other request, please don't use the word rape to describe anything other than rape.