VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

NOVA Attorney Information/Recommendation

Rate this question

Jamezam

Question

Well I received my SOC today on 11 different Pending Disabilities. Of course they were all denied even with three DBQ's and NEXUS letter from my physician. I have a call into Jamie Olivares a NOVA Attorney in Olympia, WA. Just wondering if anyone has ever worked with her, the law offices of Elie Halpern & Associates PLLC, or if anyone has a great recommendation for a VA Attorney. Thanks...

James

A friend just used a (recently appointed)  NVLSP Attorney for his multi year wait, BVA Hearing, issue/issues were Remanded. Have to wait for the outcome.

However, I had previously recommended that he give Attig's Law firm as well as 1 other and a Local VA Lawyer a call, just to get their feel for his case. He only contacted Attig's firm, which after reviewing his case, begged off, citing current caseload conflict. I think it had more to do with relatively low Retro amount, $25K or so. I told him to contact NVLSP, due to the Retro not being enough to entice a 20% Legal Eagle.

He never contacted the other Attorneys for a case evaluation but did get the NVLSP DC Hearing Rep.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

Gastone

Its hard to believe Chris Attigs Firm would do this, His firm is one of the most busy ones out of all of them  so it could be they didn't have the time or would took longer for this veteran waiting time.

25 K Retro is not a  Relatively low retro  20% of that is great for an attorney, b/c not that many veterans get that much. JMO

since the Gulf wars  & many many vets coming home bang up , I can only imagine the good Law firms are booked up .

I never used chris firm but He has helped me on some things pro bono and I think he is a great VA Attorney

hopefully that NVLSP DC  Hearing Rep will help out....

• HadIt.com Elder

Remember Member Asknod is a certified VA Adjudicator now    have your friend to contact him!!!

I contacted Chris Attig a few months ago, and he declined to take my case, tho Im not sure why because 2 other law firms offered to take my case.   I contacted 2 other law firms, Glover Luck, and another that I can not recall.  I hired Julie Glover, and she has treated me right.  I wont have to pay anything, as I had a recent BVA denial.  She appealed it to the CAVC, and I have been informed I will get "at least" a JMR and it wont cost me a cent, that is, Julie Glover got the VA to pay her attorney fees.  

http://gloverluck.com/about-veterans-disability-attorneys.html

Robert Friedman & Assosciates out of Everett WA. They haven't blown smoke up my ass or ignored my emails or calls at all. And were pretty hungry for my case.

Berry Law firm out of Lincoln , Ne,  took from 10% to 100% tdiu , and just had 5 cases remanded at CAVC, Take a peek at their CAVC Docket, couple of cases a day there, been with them many years........