VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDRL/PDRL 100% Rating Considered in VA Comp Rating ?

Rate this question

HitemStraight

Question

Does anyone know how the VA views PDRL (Permanent Disability Retirement) ratings when rendering a rating decision for VA Compensation. 

ex: If removed from TDRL and placed on PDRL with a 100% disability rating, does VA consider the 100% permanent retirement disability rating in their decision for a VA comp rating?

Edited by HitemStraight

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

When my disability was first rated by the VA it was for less than my military rating.  I am told that this is very rare.  It usually comes out equal to or higher than your retired level.

I had occasion to see a Military article discussing which Rating DOD or VA takes precedent. Just because a DOD Rating is 100%, it's not unusual for the VA CSC to be significantly less. The VA Rating trumps the DOD.

All your active duty Disabilities are automatically VA SC'd. After that, it's all about the 38 CFR 4 Rating Schedule. I've never eyeballed a DOD Disability Rating schedule but I'm confident that is based on one's ability to function on active duty.