VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

ptsd/major depression and adjustment order

Rate this question

Rita

Question

I had my exam yesterday and I am so confused as to how it went, every time I would get almost a sentence out she said that was good that she did not want to upset me- hell I had taken anxiety pill before I went in.  So do you think it might me good that she did not have me go into a lot of detail?

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

How long did your exam last?  The C&P doctors I have had tend to be shitheels  by and large.  I don't like them.  They have shown me total lack of respect over the years.  I don't want any more mental health C&P exams because you never know what might be the result.   What they want to see is humble, pathetic veteran who is basket case.  What the heck can some whore doctor tell about a vet in 20 minutes?  I have had them change my DX about 10 times over the years.   One time I was schizophrenic and the next bipolar.   One just wrote a report where they threw every DX in the book at the wall to see what would stick.  I have zero respect for these people.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

50 minutes sounds good to me since you are already SC'ed 40%  it sounds like she was going down the PTSD list.  Did she ask you leading questions off the PTSD list?  Did she ask you about your stressor?  Is your stressor conceded by the VA for PTSD?  If so then it is just a matter of degree of impairment.   Are you working?   This is really the main question they want to answer.   If you are not able to work due to PTSD?  Your exam was for mental health right?  Usually, the longer the exam takes the better in my experience.  A short exam for me means the doctor has already made up his/her mind.  I had many exams for increase and I could just tell if I was going to get it or not.   These quacks would usually just rubber stamp the other doctor because they did not know me from Adam. Their thinking was the safest thing to do was to just continue the rating.  I don't really understand the C&P system because these guys don't know you and I cannot believe they can determine true level of impairment in 15 minutes or 50 minutes.  They ruin a person's life based on 15 minute interview.

I am working but many more days like today I won't be able to do so, did not have any leading questions at all,  my exam was for mental health and a panic attack before the meeting and  have been in one just about all day.  Correct me if I am wrong I read somwhere and I really do nto remember the age whearther it was 50 or 55, but it is my understanding once I am at that age (I am 57) they can not take your percentage away? 

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are rated as totally disabled and are over 55 it is harder for them to reduce you but they can do it.  It takes more sneaky steps on their part.   They need to set it up as if they looked at you over a long period and noticed a definite improvement over time.  So let's say you were 100% for PTSD.  They might say that after careful review of your records over past two years you are much better and no longer have such severe symptoms as when you were rated 100%.  Your records show marked improvement in last couple of years. Your shrink agrees with this and has discussed your improvements with you and you are much happier than you were blah, blah, blah.  Then they might propose reduction.  If you don't respond vigorously with evidence of your continuing severe disability they may call you in for exam.
They cannot just reduce you on one exam but that is the beginning so you must fight them.  They will use your own words to lynch you.