VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparation for Decision without C&P appt

Rate this question

Gunny Motto

Question

Question here, I had a claim in for bilateral bursitis(knees) and subluxation in left knee. This claim was initially denied because they said that I did not have a diagnosis for bursitis in my medical records. I have since then informed my doc of the apparent oversight as she has indeed been treating me for bursitis, however she stated "knee pain" in my record. Now, I have resubmitted my claim, and I also provided them my doc medical notes from my records which states the bursitis diagnosis, as well as medical record notes from an Orthopaedic doc siting the same as well as siting subluxation, and I also submitted the medical notes from my Physical Therapist. I also included a statement from my wife explaining how these issues have affected my daily activity. I look on ebenefits today, and my claim has moved from Gather Evidence straight to Preparation for Decision. Question, how can be preparing for decision when I have not been scheduled for a C&P exam yet? I mean, I know that I submitted a lot of evidence and all,,, but shouldn't they send me in for an exam?? Does this mean I'm on the brink of denial??

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

It is common for this to happen when there is evidence to support the claim.  While there are no guarantees, I don't think this is a bad sign at all.

I certainly hope so! I mean, I just can't imagine why they would deny it, I literally provided them everything there is to offer. I just can't figure out why, or how, they would be able to rate me for this condition without a C&P exam? being that range of motion is a determining factor of the rating and all? But hey, we shall see....