VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Restricted Access Claim Center

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

Ok, I got a partial decision last week.  Along with the decision letter, I got the usual stuff, the 4107 (your rights to appeal our decision), 21-0958 (instructions) and the "Where to send your written correspondence" piece of paper.

Also, I got a piece of paper that says, NOTICE St. Paul Restricted Access Claim Center, cover letter.

Apparently, if I send a appeal or nod, I'm supposed to use this cover letter?  I think?  Not sure?

First, that (St Paul) doesn't jive with the where to send paper.

And second, am I special, or something?  Probably something,

Hamslice

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Founder

oh hamslice you are something :lol: - below is what I found on the RACC

1Only sensitive files belonging to current and former VBA employees, relatives of VBA employees, Veterans Service Organizations (VSOs), and high government officials should be transferred to the RACC. Sensitive files belonging to Veterans Health Administration (VHA) employees, National Cemetery Administration (NCA) employees, attorney fee cases, and cases deemed sensitive due to media issues should be maintained at the local ROJ.

2The St. Paul Regional Office is the primary RACC; Milwaukee and Philadelphia Regional Offices serve as RACCs as well. 

http://vetaffairs.sd.gov/veteransserviceofficers/Resources/Fast Letters/FL13-021.pdf

• HadIt.com Elder

I think were all special Hamslice  :wink:

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, I have been trying to get my father's army records from VA since he was disabled vet.  His records at St. Louis were destroyed in 1973 fire.  The VA is not cooperating with me.  I sent letter to Janesville.   The VA turned my simple request for my father's records into a claim for benefits.  The only benefit I want is to gather evidence for him to get Presidential Unit Citation.    I am dealing with BCMR so I expect no help there unless I can resurrect FDR.  It has been six months.

Geez John....I am sure you questioned already the St Louis fire potential.

I still have SMRS here from a vet who VA told were destroyed in the St Louis Fire.

I told him to go to NARA site and he got them.His rep asked me to help him and showed me 2 pages of SMRS and the letter from VA that said the rest were destroyed in the fire.

I immediately realized the VA was full iof crap on that---no watermarks or charred edges on the copies....I was with the local fire department for 8 years. Firemen , especially in a horrendous fire like St Louis was, did not have any time at all to select a few papers here and there from any vet's files.

They told one vet here the same BS but he had enlisted AFTER the St louis fire.

Has your father filled out a DD 149? The form is here somewhere.

A DD 149 brought the Presidential Unit Citation to my husband and other awards he did not have on his DD 214, along with a DD 215.

Most of the records lost in the fire were for USAF vets, not Army.

When VA uses the fire excuse for any vet, I think the vet should request the records themselves from NARA. It could be possible they were destroyed but it also is possible the VA lied.

PS I forgot to mention.....I think the PUCS are all on line....I found on line the one that covered my husband in Vietnam...he had heard when they got back to the world that his unit in Vietnam got the PUC but the Marine Corps made them fill out their DD 214 forms themselves and none of them really knew what awards or decorations to put down.He always wondered about the PUC and there it was on his DD 215 and they sent the ribbon to him and any medals not made in Vietnam, and told him he could purchase the Vietnamese medals at a PX.