VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Restricted Access Claim Center

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

Ok, I got a partial decision last week.  Along with the decision letter, I got the usual stuff, the 4107 (your rights to appeal our decision), 21-0958 (instructions) and the "Where to send your written correspondence" piece of paper.

Also, I got a piece of paper that says, NOTICE St. Paul Restricted Access Claim Center, cover letter.

Apparently, if I send a appeal or nod, I'm supposed to use this cover letter?  I think?  Not sure?

First, that (St Paul) doesn't jive with the where to send paper.

And second, am I special, or something?  Probably something,

Hamslice

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The unit I was with in Vietnam don't exist anymore   it is considered dissolved..and same with my unit in Germany at Tompkins Barracks in Schwertizngen German  517th Heavy Equip Maint Company (HEMC) AS AFTER ABOUT 10 MONTHS THERE I CAME DOWN ON LEVLEE FOR VIETNAM.

I have no records at all for my Germany service  other than my word and my unit name..which now its dissovled I guess they don't believe me?

NRPC/NARA Don't have all my records either..

.I contacted Army Review Board in Arlington Va and am currently in a fight with them about getting my DD-214 CORRECTED,,,it don't show my Germany Military service and it has the dates wrong when I served in vietnam...and my second tour....basicly all I have is a Disposition form 2496 2496-1  extention of Foreign sevice letter to prove my dates but they denied them? so all I have left to send them as for as evidence is record of travel orders in-country as truck driver and the dates on them were beyond the dates they said was on my DD214

I even sent copy of letter that I sent to my G/'F with the free post marked /DATES to my G/F back then which is now my wife of 44 years

I have one year to resubmit any evidence I can get.

I ask them what do they want from me when I gave them a record with my extended dates in Vietnam

I THINK MAYBE SOMEONE IN THE RECORDS DEPT JUST DON'T WANT TO LOOK? FOR MY RECORDS  eh!

I gave them my company and battalion address and what unit I worked out of which was the operations Branch a detachment from the unit its self.  I even sent copy letter that I sent to my G/'F with the free post marked /DATES to my G/F back then which is now my wife of 44 years

other than my memory of my time in Vietnam and my word  I don't know what to do to get my  DD 214 Corrected? Most of my ribbons and citations medals are on the  DD-124  so I don't need this correction for a claim  I just want the correct dates and my location of service shown on it. Vietnam is on it why not Germany.?

Ms Berta what is the 149 form? I may have filled one of those too?

..................Buck

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/forms/eforms/dd0149.pdf

Just put "not applicable" to the in 'injustice' part.

Copy ,sign and send to the appropriate address, as directed on the form.

• HadIt.com Elder

yea I copy this form and filled it out  sent it to the Army Review Board,After 12 months

they sent me back a denial sighting not enough evidence to make the change.  eh!

The thing I can't prove is my MILITARY SERVICE in Germany, I have no records of Germany  and there should be records of it some where?..I think I went to the military Dr's more over there than I did in Nam  sick call an what knott.

I had two good buddies that were medics and we run around together, they coverd the motor cycle racing  out on the race track and I went with them to the race in the Ambulance  I sit in the back of the AMBLANCE WITH THEM TO WATCH THE RACE & to get in free.

I should have some service records of my time in Germany and I can't get any or have it added to my DD-214 215