VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ex-wife claims I'm under investigation

Rate this question

inthesouthoftexas

Question

I'm 40% disabled for a spinal compression fracture, degenerative disc disease and a bulging disk. Occasionally I'll ride a bike or play sand volleyball as my physical therapy. My ex-wife claims I'm under investigation for the past year because of my activities and my back disabilities. She also claims they're taking pictures of my daily activities and reading my Google documents, and pulling my internet search history dating back to when I was in the military so they can claim I committed fraud. The Army medically retired me for my back through MEB/PEB and I have x-rays and MRI's going back to 2007 at least. No friends or family have reported an investigator interviews, just the evil ex-wife. The ex-wife has said they took pictures of me coming out of a liquor store and that they showed her said pictures, read a college paper I had saved to Google Docs, commented to her on pictures I had saved in Google photos and more; this doesn't sound like an investigator would be reporting those kind of things to a witness/ex.

My question is should I be worried at all about an investigation with my activities, is there a law or regulation saying what I can and can't do with my back disability and is this the way a VA OIG investigation is conducted? 

Edited by inthesouthoftexas

Your worst enemy can't hate you like an X. How long has she been your X?

I'd take her off your Christmas Card List.

Semper Fi

Send her a black rose with a small card that says "Paid for by my VA Benefits" and then ignore her.

Unless you get information that she is trying to cause you a problem, you probably dont need a lawyer.  If she is calling up SS and the VA and all the other points of contact about your disability, then you might think about it if she is lying.  This would be defamation of your character if she is telling stories about you that are not true, in an attempt to cause you harm.  Then you would want a lawyer.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I can smell the BS all the way over here. I recognize the smell because my ex is very vindictive and narcissistic. Some people take pleasure in tormenting and tearing someone down because it makes them feel like they are in control. Look past the mind games. 

For what it's worth, I know very little concerning VA disabilities and the complexities of a successful legitimate claim. I'm just muddling my way through my claim, with the expert help from some of you.

However, do not underestimate this administration's efforts at exposing folks that are taking advantage of the system. It keeps money in the government coiffures and perhaps acts as a deterrent for others; thus unclogging the system.

I might be looking under the bed for boogeymen, but look at the unprecedented number of IRS investigators that have been hired in the last 8 years.

Regardless, I should think you have no worries if you have a righteous claim.

Is there a regulation that states if you have a disability you can never do things that exacerbate it? I'm glad yall think shes full of BS, my family and friends say the same. Yes my back injury is static, its written as "chronic" and is based on ROM I believe. Shes been my ex for close to 2 years, but still pushes my button at every chance. So if there was an investigation would she be so well informed? I haven't received a target letter, a knock at the door or anything else throughout the duration of her claims.

Edited by inthesouthoftexas

• HadIt.com Elder

Jim

You are right about the taxpayers not wanting to pay the butcher's bill after Vietnam.  I remember how hostile the VA was to me when I claimed disability in 1972.   This is why many vets get the attitude that if VA can screw me to the wall then this is total war and anything goes.  Grossly faking symptoms is counter productive because it will be obvious to VA exam doctors that you are faking.  Most believe we all are faking anyway.   Now I must say it is much easier to get rated for mental health issues now than in 1972.  At the same time it is harder because the VA has made themselves the only entity that can identify PTSD and make an initial DX.  When I go to VAMC to be treated for non mental health issues I see VA staff and doctors breaking their necks to rule out PTSD in my case.  They will say "appears depressed" or "is anxious" etc. but will not use the PTSD word.  I assume they have been told not to put that DX in print.  I am already rated for PTSD but it is combined with other things under heading of "MDD". 

In order to pay 5 Trillion for OIF/OEF the taxpayers will be asked to cut SSA and Medicare and maybe they will find a way to treat only SC vets at VAMC's.  Haliburton and other corporations did rape the taxpayer as did entire administrations that supported invasion of Iraq and invasion and occupation of Afghanistan.  I have often thought that USA let Osama escape from Tora Bora so they could have bogyman to justify War on Terror and stupid moves in the middle east.  Osama and Taliban should and were dealt with but why complete destruction of Iraq? Our grandchildren will pay for these wars.  They will eventually turn on us older people for putting them into debt.  Then they won't want to fund SSA or Medicare.