VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ex-wife claims I'm under investigation

Rate this question

inthesouthoftexas

Question

I'm 40% disabled for a spinal compression fracture, degenerative disc disease and a bulging disk. Occasionally I'll ride a bike or play sand volleyball as my physical therapy. My ex-wife claims I'm under investigation for the past year because of my activities and my back disabilities. She also claims they're taking pictures of my daily activities and reading my Google documents, and pulling my internet search history dating back to when I was in the military so they can claim I committed fraud. The Army medically retired me for my back through MEB/PEB and I have x-rays and MRI's going back to 2007 at least. No friends or family have reported an investigator interviews, just the evil ex-wife. The ex-wife has said they took pictures of me coming out of a liquor store and that they showed her said pictures, read a college paper I had saved to Google Docs, commented to her on pictures I had saved in Google photos and more; this doesn't sound like an investigator would be reporting those kind of things to a witness/ex.

My question is should I be worried at all about an investigation with my activities, is there a law or regulation saying what I can and can't do with my back disability and is this the way a VA OIG investigation is conducted? 

Edited by inthesouthoftexas

Ha...John, don't candy coat it, say what you feel. This administration has shown they react to whistleblowers, regardless of motive.

Of course, its BS.  Dont make the mistake of retalaiting on her. 

The best thing you can do is forgive her for whatever wrongs she has done to you.  Take the high road, and leave the low road's of revenge and hate for others.  

Edited by broncovet

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
5 hours ago, JR Reihs said:

Go back and tell her she was right and that after an exhaustive investigation they now are going to increase you to 60%. That will really rock her world.  

Despite the temptation to do that, I personally do not recommend this - especially if you have kids/child support/alimony/etc... The ex would look at you like a piggy bank and that could start more problems.

I have no knowledge of a regulation stating you cannot do things to exacerbate it, but I am not a lawyer. I think the rule of common sense applies in those cases.

Broncovet's comment was great. You must decide if you want to fly with the eagles or waste time fighting with the pidgeons.

The VA isn't going to go out and investigate you.  Liquor store? Bah!

My concern is that you seem to know this is implausible already- but something about her scared you into second guessing your own judgement. You can ask the VA to require extra security for callers- Besides the obvious, it also sets the tone for employees that there's sketchy characters attempting to undermine you.

Vync is right on about the "piggybank" remark; dead on. I recall a VA employee telling me about the number of attempts he'd see from Spouses/ex to get a Veteran's money.  Didn't understand specifics, but his sense of disgust in humanity over the attempts was striking.

Alot of what she has said has been very questionable to say the least. Her latest thing she says is they told her they'll be contacting me in 60 days, right after she said they'll be suing me... Its the random details of things she knows but shouldn't know that cause me to second guess.