VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

our claims backlogged again or ebenefits wrong

Rate this question

adkins7b

Question

I filed to remove my ex wife they sent a stop of payment the very next month I did it on ebenefits august 4th.. my claim completion date is  Estimated Completion: 05/15/2017 - 03/04/2018 ... I remember when claims took 2 years but I guess the first date has been shortedned then what first applied just looked at it again.. I know each Va office takes a different amount of time. I was out of Norfolk VA and maybe I should have waited but i just updated my address to Jamaica tonight so i dont know if that is going to add time.  I would appreciate If anyone knows estimate of current claim times.. I uploaded the divorce paper work and we do not have children i read online that those should be quick if dont through ebenefits.  Thanks for help and advice.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Yes, and yes.  Yes, ebenefits is often unreliable, and yes, claims are backlogged again.  

It sounds like your ex may take an "apportionment" on your claim.  In other words, if she was awarded child support, for example, of 1000 per month, she can apply to VA and they will take her portion from your check.  If she has a court order, you will unlikely be able to stop that.  

If this is a simple dependents change, then VA is supposed to process these quickly.  Allison Hickey said they should be processed in hours, not years.  You can try calling VA and they may be able to process it over the phone, but no guarantees.  

Unfortunately, the questions which begin, "When will VA..." are always a guess.  The VA takes as long as they want, and they care not if you are homeless, about to be homeless or destitute.    You can try pleading a "Im desperate", but they largely fall on deaf ears.  

On 9/10/2016 at 3:42 AM, broncovet said:

If this is a simple dependents change, then VA is supposed to process these quickly.  Allison Hickey said they should be processed in hours, not years.  You can try calling VA and they may be able to process it over the phone, but no guarantees.  

Unfortunately, the questions which begin, "When will VA..." are always a guess.  The VA takes as long as they want, and they care not if you are homeless, about to be homeless or destitute.    You can try pleading a "Im desperate", but they largely fall on deaf ears.  

My dependents claim was filed last year in October 2015 to add my new wife...and it was finally closed just a few days ago.

I really wish that the "General" was still working at the VA.

OSC