VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

HOW DO THEY SIGN A VA REGIONAL OFFICE ON FDC'S

Rate this question

Raza2009

Question

Hi. I have been retired for nearly 4 years now and just filed a claim in August of this year. I reside in TX, work in Texas BUT the letter I received from the VA stating they received my claim and are processing it is from the WI regional office. How do they decide which regional office they send online claims to? Another question is why is there nothing in my VA Profile on eBenefits that would show me where my claim is being processed? I found it quite odd that my claim is in another region all together.

6 answers to this question

This is a common event, to have your claim routed to an RO that may be less backed up than the one in your state.  I've seen Louisiana claims handled out of Oklahoma, for instance.  As for the ebenefits question, I don't know the answer, but I would imagine it's a matter of what they choose to program in to track.  As long as you're aware of where your claim is being handled, as reflected in correspondence to you, that's the most important thing.  

• HadIt.com Elder

The claims intake center is the one that recives your claim   and like lotzaspotz mention  they shop around so to speak to see what ROs can get to your claim the fastest. I filed a 21-562EZ  statement in support of claim and sent it to Janesville Wi  Dept of Veterans Affairs evidence claims intake center, they sent me a notice that they recived my claim, I started submiting my evidence after that   to the Janesville WI claims intake Center..

when my claim was adjudicated/approved  my claim was process through the SaltLake Citty Utah RO.& I Live in North Tex...Waco Tx is my original R.O....Which I'm glad Saltlake city got it  took ever bit of 3 months.  Waco would have got it  it would be close to 2 years.

So I guess this is the fastest way on a first time claim...its different if its an NOD...THEN IT GETS PUT ON SOMEONES DESK AND FORGOTTEN ABOUT  UNTIL SOMEONE JUST HAPPENS BY AND SEES IT SITTING THERE AND PICKS IT UP AND SAY's  HEY WHATS THIS...OH ITS SOME VETERANS CLAIM GUESS I  BETTER CHECK IT OUT

The only thing that really matters is that a VARO has acknowledged receiving your claim. In the past, before a VA Centralized Claim Intake Center, your claim went to your local RO based on your current residence.

If that RO was over-worked, they could or would eventually, Broker your Claim to another RO that in theory, could get at it supposedly quicker. You'll have to see how that works out. An FDC, regardless of RO location, should take less than 6 mos for a Decision. A Reg A$$ Claim, big difference time wise, 16 months, if your lucky.

As to Appeals, again it really doesn't matter which RO Has your C-File. DRO Reviews 12 - 18 months, DRO Hearings 3 - 4 yrs. Straight up BVA Hearing Requests, 4+ years for a Docket #, then another year or 2 for a Decision, barring any Remands.

Semper Fi

On 9/13/2016 at 3:32 PM, Raza2009 said:

Hi. I have been retired for nearly 4 years now and just filed a claim in August of this year. I reside in TX, work in Texas BUT the letter I received from the VA stating they received my claim and are processing it is from the WI regional office. How do they decide which regional office they send online claims to? Another question is why is there nothing in my VA Profile on eBenefits that would show me where my claim is being processed? I found it quite odd that my claim is in another region all together.

That is what my letter stated when i filed my last claim (I live in Florida).  I had a c and p today and the neurologist said the RO in California was handling the rating decision........who knows what is going on these days. 

The VA started what is called the National Work Queue.  In theory, claims will stay with the ROJ as much as possible, but may be sent to another office depending on the load there, in an effort to improve timeliness. 

In reality, this may not happen.  As a result, your claim has been shifting from one office to the next, depending on the state of the claim, and may be bounced around quite a bit before the claim is completely done.

Appeals are not being worked under the NWQ at the moment.

You can search google for more information on NWQ.