VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pes planus

Rate this question

armyeng

Question

Hello,

I have a question. I wanted to file a claim for pes planus aggravation.  My MEPS exam stated pes planus mild asymptomatic, and my exit exam stated pes planus severe asymptomatic.  During my time in service I was given shoe inserts to help with pain from the run and marches and said to have increased pronation. I also have knee and back problems. Do I have a claim? Any help is appreciated. 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Sure.  YOu need the Big 3 of 1)  Current diagnosis, 2) in service event or aggravation, and 3) nexus, or medical link between one and 2.  

If you have a diagnosis, and have a doctor who has opined your condition is at least as likely as not related to military service, then go for it.  

If you lack documentation of any of these 3, then you will likely need to document them before SC is awarded.  

After you get sc, then you will be rated based on symptoms.  They wont pay you for pain in the service, you have to have symptoms NOW.    I have no idea if you have current symptoms or not, or how severe they are.  If your condition remains asymptomatic (no symptoms) then you are highly unlikley to get any compensation from VA for your condition until/unless you have symptoms.  

Broncovet thanks for the response.  I have a recent diagonsis that states pes planus with increased pronation and plantar fascitis.  I just want to ensure I have my stuff correct as I put in this claim. The first time I got denied because I filed pes planus without indicating it was for aggravation not acquired.