VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Deferred disability

Rate this question

Braincloud

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well of course  file right away if you need the $ but I don't think the VA  Cares one way or the other as for as making a decision if you got money or not...or if your about lose your home...many veterans have lost there homes broke up there family's waiting on a claim decision.

If your Homeless then that has  or suppose to have some priority over general claims  but not always the truth.

We just need to  out smart the VA at there own game  so-to-speak  and do what we need to do, its nice to have a retro date on 4 or 5 claims but its also nice or nicer to have  one claim S.C. Approved for compensation  and get some income coming in than not any.

I disagree a veteran loses money if he waits to file (I do understand bronco  point and agree to a certain point) vets do lose money by not filling asap.

However if he files a claim and is denied  then look at all the stress he/she is under  although he/she will recover what they missed out on by waiting(YEARS DOWN THE ROAD) if awarded, but again if they file a claim and get approved and then file another and get approved and get that income coming in then he/she is better off than waiting when you have to wait on long appeals ....>look what can happen...broncovet lost his Home..and all the stress he is under and took toll on his health/family...to me losing your family is not worth the wait in the Appeals line.

I'd rather have 3 or 4 claims approved within a year than to be in the Appeals line  and by filing one claim at a time  until its approved within 3 months or so  then file for another claim and so on.

Most Veteran files for his Major Disability First THEN GET APPROVED ..then start filing the little claims the 10% 20%30& 50% It adds up and if the veteran is at  90% 100% on his first claim  then he/she stands  a chance to get even more compensation with SMC.

I always have believed when veterans file for more than one claim  this is what triggers the denial's in most claims...sure some are lucky I suppose and get Awarded on all their claims the first time around  but very unusual for the VA to do that.

I suppose its how one looks at this  I always suggest to a veteran to do what he/she feels needs to do and explain to him/her how this claims process works .

its any body's guess if they will be denied or approved  but in the first claim a veteran files for is when he needs everything pressed and Iron out  so they can't deny....if denied then we start the Appeals process.  even though  veterans should have there claims perfected Iron out on every claim.  some call it Ducks in Row.

But  a VETERAN must understand the VA can deny for any technical reason  reasons we never knew about.

jmo

................Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

Braincloud

Your PTSD C&P looks favorable & in my opinion  it should be rated 70% possible 100%

Its Always good for  Veteran to get their C-File even if you don't think you need it to help with your claim..its always good to see whats in it.

Braincloud,  I agree with Buck,  very favorable exam,  stating "more likely than not", looks like either 70% but leaning more to 100% based on severity of symptoms,  especially neglect of hygiene and intermittent ability to perform activities of daily living.  Best of luck to you

More development is needed for something.  If I had to guess, I would guess that VA didn't verify the stressors well enough to suit the rater.  Or it could be that they wanted clarification from the examiner.  Generally speaking, you probably shouldn't have been sent to exam if the stressor wasn't verified, but people make mistakes, and/or the RVSR could have disagreed with the VSR. 

FYI, and not to be a downer, but the examiner saying that stressors occurred in service doesn't really mean anything.  He is not the person that determines that.  He needs to link it to service/stressor, but it is not his job to verify if the stressor actually occurred.

Good luck to you.