VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD diagnosed, confirm stressor, to USASCURR

Rate this question

Sgt Liggins

Question

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
1 minute ago, Sgt Liggins said:

I just was wondering what do this mean. I google it and it said that a CAB is a good proof to use to show that a stressor have happened. Any insight will be helpful.

PTSD diagnosed, confirm stressor, to USASCURR what is this.

USASCURR is U.S. Armed Services Center for Unit Records Research

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not sure but I think in 2010 the VA came out as for filing PTSD Claims  the veteran don't need to prove a stressor event from combat  if he has the CAB on DD 214 or can show he was awarded one during combat or with a combat infantry Unit /Units

So yes its a good thing  if you have one.

................Buck

The VA has relaxed standards on stressors.....If you have a CAB (Combat Action Badge), CIB (Combat Infantry Badge), Purple Heart just for example would constitute not needing a VA Form 21-0781. Also if you have Iraq War service with dates also is another example....Be sure to go in the exam reflecting your worst day dealing with PTSD. Don't sugar coat it...Good Luck..

• HadIt.com Elder

So let us say a Vietnam vet was at a firebase,    support base or airbase that was under ground attack but who did not have 11B MOS.  I guess he must relay on After Action Report.     We had no combat action type badge and since I was not in an infantry outfit I could not get CIB even if I got shot at all day long.  I know back in the day there were vets who claimed PTSD from being under mortar and rocket attacks.  The VA fought this and the vet almost had to get wounded to get the PTSD claim unless he was in direct combat with the enemy.  From what BCMR told me was that a soldier had to be in an infantry unit; have an infantry MOS and have proof that he was in combat eyeball to eyeball to get CIB.