VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU Granted

Rate this question

Guest L

Question

Hi - Just want to let everyone know there is hope if your claim is stalled. They are working at the Houston RO. 

I got a call from DRO today, and told me I was granted IU with back pay. (PTSD/MST Rape & ATT Murder) 

I have my Navy retirement too,  so I think this is the end of the road for me as far as claims go. 

I will continue to pray for adjudication with other claims. This was exhausting. 

Graduating in 72 days with my BS in Criminology- Thanks Voc Rehab. 

Congratulations!!!!

All the best to you and your family!!

Do you know if you were granted P&T along with the IU?

Be sure and check out all of your state benefits!!

Again, Congratulations on your new rating and your upcoming Graduation!!

Greg

L,  congratulations on both your award and your degree as well,  Best of Luck to you,  I'm waiting to hear on my tdiu claim as well. 

This is wonderful news and I hope your post gives others hope!

I assume this sets up CRDP for you as well.

CRDP is supposed to be automatic but I dont know how long it takes these days.

Congrats on the BS degree too! In Criminology?????

I think the way VA handles claims is a crime. LOL  

But it looks to me like it took a little over 2 years for you to get this award?   That is not a bad time frame these days....

Treat yourself good L, a great meal, new clothes etc etc whatever it takes, because you have won a Victory and many of us know how absolutely Exhausting the claims process can be...relax now...it is OVER!

Probably every one of us  have made mistakes with our claims , L, but I love what you said...there is Pride in knowing you did this by yourself...

When I had vet reps, long ago , they made far more mistakes than I did.

I did much better when I started fighting  my VA battles myself, too.

That is not easy for every vet with a claim but the info here at hadit is way beyond the expertise of 

many vet reps and VSOs, who might have hundreds of claims on their desks when most of us only have one or two.

Great on the CRDP- that usually always goes OK between VA and DFAS , but I dont trust VA to handle that right every time.

BIG WIN! now, take a breath, and pick your Shield back up, still have a few more waves to surf over. gotta get that P&T. you may irrationally think it's "greedy" or some sheep dip. but you have to fight, because every win for you is a win for Us. everyone still fighting and those who finished their fight by dyin first.