VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Here's my nexus letter for Menieres disease.

Rate this question

JATO

Question

Attached is an IMO that received back in August. Overlook the info about other injuries, my focus is more on the nexus establishing menieres disease.  My military medical records don't say anything about vertigo or dizziness but I was diagnosed by a civil doctor before I retired.

This letter combined with my military med records, civilian doctor evidence, 21-526 EZ, a notarized buddy letter along with his DD214 and some orders of us together on a mission in kuwait are all I was going to submit for a Fully Developed Claim. If I forgot something please tell me.

I am also thinking about sending this news article titled, "C130 Mystery Illness Solved," that talks specifically about C130 crews having severe ear problems and how it was linked to a faulty pressurization problem. I was a flying crew chief and flew many hours. 

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2015/04/10/biloxi-base-solves-mystery-illness/25567279/

Edited by JATO

Question.....were you on FERS disability when you left federal employment due to the  menieres ?

If so, because of FERS, did you also apply for and receive SSDI solely for the Meniere's disease?

It is an excellent IMO. I am assuming that all other possible etiologies have been ruled out.

27 minutes ago, Berta said:

Question.....were you on FERS disability when you left federal employment due to the  menieres ?

If so, because of FERS, did you also apply for and receive SSDI solely for the Meniere's disease?

It is an excellent IMO. I am assuming that all other possible etiologies have been ruled out.

Yes I was and am still on FERS disability. Technically i was separated from my federal job because i medically disqualified from the military for a leg injury. I was what you call a dual status technician, sometimes called an ART. It was mandatory that I apply for SSDI under FERS rules, but was denied of course! I was still employed when i was told to apply. 

As far as other etiologies, i saw a well known ENT firm for a while and after bunch of tests they diagnosed me with menieres. I then went to Dr Ellis for the nexus letter.

The only problem i think i have is that even though i was in uniform Mon-Fri and still doing the exact same thing as i did when active duty, technically i was only "military" 2 days month or when on special orders. That and no vestibular problems are mentioned in my military med records. We all lied to keep our flying qualifications!

Ive kinda put off the SSDI project for after my VA and OWCP stuff is finished.    

Berta - Do the items i mentioned regarding my new FDC sound like a complete package ready to send off?

I have a copy of the M21-1 and thought about building my claim then trying to "adjucate" it myself by their rules it to see how it looks before i send it off.

I need to go through your prior posts because my only concern is the nexus factor....

I cant do that until tomorrow AM  though....

29 minutes ago, Berta said:

I need to go through your prior posts because my only concern is the nexus factor....

I cant do that until tomorrow AM  though....

No worries.  Here's a copy of my question so you don't have to search for it.

"My nexus letter combined with my military med records, civilian doctor evidence, 21-526 EZ, a notarized buddy letter along with his DD214 and some orders of us together on a mission in kuwait are all I was going to submit for a Fully Developed Claim. If I forgot something please tell me."