VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SMC H.B. OIG- INVESTIGATION WILL HELP LOTS OF VETS!

Rate this topic

Buck, I sure am no doctor but based on what I know on cardio stuff, your heart sounds like it is all in pretty good shape,based on what I understand from this report.

"mild ischemia in the distal RCA territory " could cause and/or compound   regional wall motion abnormality but in your case no RWM abnormality  was picked up.(regional wall motion)

"left ventricular myocardium with no defects " is good as well as no other lesions were found in the distal inferior wall. It does state the 'defect' -they mean the mild ischemia- is reversible.I dont know if they would even consider reversing it.or how.

The SSS-SRS and SDR are explained here:

http://www.pharmstresstech.com/pdf/techtips-summedscores.pdf

But this is only my opinion based on part of the results of this type of one test,and I am not a doctor.

I am more familiar with ECHO results.

ECHO tests of heart reveal atherosclerotic heart disease and measurements of the arteries.

It was via an ECHO result that I proved my husband had untreated heart disease.And EKGs.

Those tests revealed numerous abnormalities that were far from "mild" and revealed interior wall ischemia and wall motion abnormalities.

I am sure your doctor will discuss all cardio testing they did with you and can explain this result far better than I can.None of us are doctors and I hesitate to even opine on this stuff,even though I studied cardiology when I sued the VA. But all medical issues change as the field of cardiology, Endocrinology,HBP  etc etc advances all of the time..

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes I understand Ms berta,  I will find out the 13th of this month at 2:00pm &

Thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

Right Coronary Artery ischemia is Ischemic Heart disease and should be service connected according to the Part 4. Now the Rating alone will depend on the results of the ejection Fraction or EF or LVEF on the report.

That number is the key.

Hang in there Buck.

Basser

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks John

here is a little more of what they put in the report  but I should know more the 13th

I think I'm lucky  the LVEF# AT 74% hopefully the # is low? 

Impression: 1. Positive Cardiac PET MPI with evidence of a small area, mild in severity, myocardium at risk localizing to the distal RCA territory. 2. Normal systolic function at stress; LVEF: 74%. 3. Please also refer to separate Nuclear Cardiology stress lab NP report, in CPRS, for additional information and correlation with these findings. Signed by Lorraine E De Blanche, MD on 9/13/2016 2:43 PM CDT Primary Diagnostic Code: ABNORMALITY, ATTN. NEEDED

Edited by Buck52