VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Backpay - Will I Receive it Before I Die?

Rate this question

Nick C

Question

Hey. I'm 100% VA rated. So VA freaking owes me like $40K in back pay (by their own admission when they sent me my letter). And, my college age daughter who will graduate next semester (I've sent her school registration forms every semester for 3 1/2 years) is STILL not on my award.

I've called VA, written VA, called state VA (TX), called and written my Senators, Congressman, the VFW, attorneys, VSOs, and spent numerous hours on hold for VA to find out when I may possibly expect to see this corrected. All I get is: the VA is way behind, and new claims are processed first.

I get it. But we're talking 40 THOUSAND DOLLARS!!

I have had a car repossessed, my home foreclosed on, filed bankruptcy and currently have to live with my in-laws because that is all we can afford. When I said this to the state VA representative, he told me that since my bankruptcy was discharged already, and I am not technically homeless, and can drive my in-laws car, VA won't push my claim to the top because my life is not in "distress".

WTF? I've lost everything. I'm seeing a shrink for depression, anxiety, and panic attacks, and have almost lost my marriage as well.

Is there ANY organization, legal representation, or ANYONE who can help? Does any one out there give a f*ckin rat's a$$?!

Thanks.

Edited by Nick C

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

"So VA freaking owes me like $40K in back pay (by their own admission when they sent me my letter) "

Can you scan and attach the letter here? (Cover C file, name, address first)

I hope you realize that only a 100% P & T or TDIU P & T award will insure your daughter VA educational benefits ( Chapter 35 -DEA)