VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Proactive "Choice Program"?

Rate this topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Anyone ever have the VAMC call you and ask if you would like a diagnostic procedure performed via the "Choice Program" because it was scheduled more than 30 days out?

I thought it was supposed to work the other way around...

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

After reading Buck's post about the Choice Program expiring next year, it got me wondering. Maybe the VA isn't burning through Choice Program funds fast enough. They can't ask Congress for additional funds until the existing funds are gone. I have no idea if this is what happening, but it seems plausible.

• HadIt.com Elder

Interesting to see what happens with this?

I just wish they would approve vets to go get outside care if the VA can't give it in an appropriate time manner  (within 30 days) with all the new technology the VA has and all the Dr's and Nurse's they have and plenty of rooms for exams, All I see is a crowded up waiting rooms and  just a few veterans being seen. inside the clinic I only see more Dr's & Nurses and very few veterans   now whats wrong with this picture?

It's Ridiculous .

But they cover there butts when they are informed of an OIG coming.

on that day you will see veterans being treated with the respect they deserve and the D'r's and Nurses doing the Job their suppose to be doing all along.

Until OIG gets there head out of there ass and do something about this  I see no change and it only gets worse.

Veterans should have a choice if the VA can't see them in an appropriate time.