VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veteran's Law Blog

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Is spending $100 a year worth it to join the Vet's Law Blog Premium service?  I may be filing a OSA claim and I am going to need plenty of help.  I lost my long time psychologist to sickness and old age.   I need all the help I can get to go forward  these days.  I am running as fast as I can just to stay in one place.

John 999, when you decide which came first, the chicken or the egg, try this on for size.

http://www.va.gov/vetapp14/Files6/1449192.txt

James

Edited by jamescripps2

John, type into your web browser

usva101.0rg

click on nexus letter, print the two page document.

Copy the case that I gave you in the above post. http://www.va.gov/vetapp14/Files6/1449192.txt Highlight the text pertaining to the doctors medical opinion in the case, therefore simplifying and saving your doctor's valuable time.

Take the copies to a private doctor and pay the co pay using your medicare if you have medicare coverage. If not, expect to pay about 80 to 100 bucks cash for a medical opinion. I have found that about 50% of the doctors will write an opinion if you ask and make it easy on them by furnishing an example,"outline", and another opinion close to what you are contending.

Ask the doc if he can concur with what the examiner in the BVA prior decision is saying. If so, ask if he will write you a letter complying to the nexus letter example that you are furnishing him from the usva101.org website. After filing the claim as a  FDC, for OSA sit back and wait on the C&P exam.

I am expecting a RO decision pretty soon for an increase in diabetes because my VA diabetic doc limited and regulated my activities.  So as not to muddy the waters with too many issues,  when I get that decision I intend to file on OSA as secondary to Diabetes related to AO exposure, heart disease and the prescribed medications thereof, using the exact evidence that I just handed to you.

Good luck to you old friend!

P.S. if you really want to hit a home run, get two medical opinions concurring. No problem if you have medicare part B to pick up the tab. Not a big expense if you don't.

Edited by jamescripps2

3 hours ago, jamescripps2 said:

John, type into your web browser

usva101.0rg

click on nexus letter, print the two page document.

Copy the case that I gave you in the above post. http://www.va.gov/vetapp14/Files6/1449192.txt Highlight the text pertaining to the doctors medical opinion in the case, therefore simplifying and saving your doctor's valuable time.

Take the copies to a private doctor and pay the co pay using your medicare if you have medicare coverage. If not, expect to pay about 80 to 100 bucks cash for a medical opinion. I have found that about 50% of the doctors will write an opinion if you ask and make it easy on them by furnishing an example,"outline", and another opinion close to what you are contending.

Ask the doc if he can concur with what the examiner in the BVA prior decision is saying. If so, ask if he will write you a letter complying to the nexus letter example that you are furnishing him from the usva101.org website. After filing the claim as a  FDC, for OSA sit back and wait on the C&P exam.

I am expecting a RO decision pretty soon for an increase in diabetes because my VA diabetic doc limited and regulated my activities.  So as not to muddy the waters with too many issues,  when I get that decision I intend to file on OSA as secondary to Diabetes related to AO exposure, heart disease and the prescribed medications thereof, using the exact evidence that I just handed to you.

Good luck to you old friend!

P.S. if you really want to hit a home run, get two medical opinions concurring. No problem if you have medicare part B to pick up the tab. Not a big expense if you don't.

Not necessarily....he would be better off finding a Physician who actually writes IMO's for the VA. the terminology is EXTREMELY important, and the VA often uses the slightest excuse to discredit any IMO outside of their Employ

12 minutes ago, Inarticulate&Distorted said:

Not necessarily....he would be better off finding a Physician who actually writes IMO's for the VA. the terminology is EXTREMELY important, and the VA often uses the slightest excuse to discredit any IMO outside of their Employ

I am at "M" +1k and have won hundreds of claims for other vets besides my own multiple claims. I have never paid more than a $30.00 copay for a IOM and never recommended that expense for anyone else. Any medical professional can write the opinion and therefore fulfill the requirement of the nexus without emptying the piggy bank so long as the letter is written in proper format. That is the reason to furnish the outline. A vet does not need to be rich enough to pay large sums of money for medical opinions. An obscure little known local doctors opinion just might carry more probative value than a well known frequent flier who is known for writing many IOMs.

just my 2 cents, you can look up my AO CONUS win and see how the judge respected my $30 IOMs

crippsbvadec.pdf the judge considered my IOMs as overwhelming.

2 hours ago, jamescripps2 said:

I am at "M" +1k and have won hundreds of claims for other vets besides my own multiple claims. I have never paid more than a $30.00 copay for a IOM and never recommended that expense for anyone else. Any medical professional can write the opinion and therefore fulfill the requirement of the nexus without emptying the piggy bank so long as the letter is written in proper format. That is the reason to furnish the outline. A vet does not need to be rich enough to pay large sums of money for medical opinions. An obscure little known local doctors opinion just might carry more probative value than a well known frequent flier who is known for writing many IOMs.

just my 2 cents, you can look up my AO CONUS win and see how the judge respected my $30 IOMs

crippsbvadec.pdf the judge considered my IOMs as overwhelming.

Alllllll irrelevent. You apparantly don't know what you are talking about one whit. Any "local doctor" you can find would be EASILY countered by a VA Dox, simply because the VA does the Numbers of Letters after your Name Game, hell, they wouldn't even have to leave their In-House doctors. Any Dr with one more degree could EASILY be found to refute a IMO. The reason that there are doctors who haven't been called out as Frauds in the system too often is because they spent a LOT of money getting all thise letters behind their names. They are sometimes even Vets themselves. So to come in here and tell people they dont NEED such and such of ANYTHING is completely what we are doing here at Hadit.com

Educate yourself before spreading your bullshit advice, any one that tells a Veteran to not go all the way or go home is a phukin Shill for the VA.

• Founder

There is no need for veterans to put each other down in this discussion. You can disagree. I think James Cripps learned a thing or two while fighting and winning his claim and I appreciate his input.

Let's keep the discussion a discussion and not a fight.