VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Med Evidence during Appeal

Rate this question

paulcolrain

Question

after my BVA HEARING in may 2015.. and While waiting for the judges decision.,, the Regional office sent me to a QTC exam. this exam was done by request of the RO not the judge. the judge has yet to make a decision on my case but i just received my copy of this exam and it is so good in my favor infact it directly says key point is likely service connected. my Question is, should i assume that the BVA knows about this and already has this in my file as new evidence after the hearing or should i find out how to make this put into place so that they are forced to see it? 

"Expiditious", at my VARO, is defined as "sitting on it for 3 years to see if the Veteran will file a Writ of mandamus or complain to "Ask Bob".  

This is exactly what happened to me, after going nowhere at my VARO for 3 years trying to get them to implement my BVA remand, I finally got results with "Ask Bob" as I was already writing another Writ of Mandamus.  This level of "service" is appalling, and VA gets away with it...for now.  

Bronc, I've never been to the BVA, so no experience with remands.

Are there any VA Stats regarding length of time for processing Remands, I haven't looked?

Can't say I recall seeing any, Remand Specific discussions, here on Hadit. Then again, I wasn't really looking. I'm sure there are different levels of Remand Complexities, that would require significant time.

Are BVA Remands completed by the respective RO in the order they're Received or can they get a bump to the front of the Line? As I recall from the 14/15 & 2016 BVA Decisions I've reviewed, Remanded Issues to RO's are quite common.

Semper Fi