VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tell the truth...

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

On 10/17/2016 at 8:55 PM, 11cvolley said:

I'm tired of reading on these forums people telling other what not to say, what to say, ect. Be 100% honest with the VA and you will get what you deserve in the end.

I did research before going to my C&P.

Edited by kent101
Too long

Many years ago the VAOIG  thought VA web sites were telling vets how to act when going to a PTSD C & P exam.

OIG however found nothing like that here at hadit...or on any other site as far as I know.

I do recall the days in the late 1990s when some vets on Prodigy Vet BBS would tell other vets, don't shave, don't bath and wear worn out  shabby clothes etc etc...when going to a PTSD C & P exam.

Others there however, would reply just as this topic says...just tell the truth. 

Vync is right......so many vets downplay their PTSD and even might be ashamed to reveal some of their behavior towards significant others, or if they were fired for PTSD related problems on the job.

Vync, you stated a key word...deprogram..... after my husband came home from the 21 day In House PTSD Program, ( he was very reluctant to go)  he said he wished it could have lasted a year because he was in Hell (Vietnam) for a year and never got deprogramed at all when he got back to Quantico.It was the first time he felt VA had helped him after being a VA PT since 1983.

One vet in the Inhouse (the only one without a PTSD rating already) had the full nine yards, Cameos, startle response ,etc etc etc., wild stories,lived in the boonies with pungy sticks around, blah blah ...all of the other vets thought he was a wannabee. He sent me a 17 page denial from the BVA some years later.

I did try to help him but not a single stressor could be proven and he said he made no friends or buddies in Vietnam and never wrote home about the horrific events he described...that were not consistent at all with his MOS.

He never got the 100% 21 day Temp either.

Never went to a QTC Exam for anything. Seems like their quite common, as of late.

Went to QTC Company Web Site, to see who and what they're all about. My take away, don't expect to get a copy of any DBQ, including MH (PTSD). They stress in their Post Exam info, that the Exam is thoroughly reviewed by their Medical staff to insure it is clear, concise and absolutely covers in depth, the specific issues requested by the VA.

Probably take a FOIA Request to get a copy out of your C-File.

Semper Fi

Gastone, it is true that you need a FOIA request to get a copy of your exam.  I had my c&p over 5 weeks ago at a QTC office and when they sent it to the VA they told me I could only get a copy of my exam from the VA.  I went to my local VAMC and put in a request and was told it can take up to 20 business days to fill the request.

• HadIt.com Elder

I had a QTC PTSD Exam and in 2 weeks I got the exam from the VBA,  After the exam was over I ask the examiner (License psychiatrist with P.H.D.)

When will I be able to get a copy of this exam?

she said it will take about week for QTC to get it to the VARO and she said they usually make a decision within a week after they get it back.

my case took about 2 weeks and 2 days...I waited 16 days and went to the VBA and as for a copy  they had me sign FOIA form and then they called me to go back to see a service officer  and he printed/copy the exam for me. also got a letter from my Rep about the same time on the decision.

but everyone is different I luck out on mine..it don't always work out like this...My examiner was a very nice polite lady.

maybe she speedy things up??

Buck, you lucked out, big time. You must have had your Wheel Squeaking Real Loud that day, to get greased so quick. Way to go!

Sax, the 20 day deal on your FOIA, I think the VA has 20 days to acknowledge your FOIA Request, not necessarily fill it.

I've done (2) VA FOIA's, (1) in person at the RO (2012) and (1) just recently by FAX to the VA FOIA Dept 11/16. 2012 in-person FOIA Filing resulted in a VA FOIA Acknowledgment Form Letter within a couple weeks, took 14 months for the 8 in C-File to arrive. 11/16 Fax FOIA Filing had an E-Mail Acknowledgement within a couple days, followed by a VA FOIA Form letter within about a week. Still waiting on production of records.

The fact that you only want copies of the QTC PTSD Exam, may move faster, keep us posted.

Merry Christmas

Semper Fi