VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DRO Hearing

Rate this question

Prettypantha

Question

Hi Everyone!

Thought I'd let you all know that I'm scheduled for a DRO Hearing on October, 27 2016 at 1:00p.m. I've taken my time and reviewed all my documents and trying my best to stay positive. Is it too late to take a spousal and parents statement with me to give to the DRO? If not too late, do you think it's a good ideal to present them or not? Also, are there a certain way that it has to be written? I'm really not familiar with any protocol on statements. I'd have to say that I'm a little proud of myself because I took the time and advice of Hadit's pioneers and organized, and labeled all of the New and Material Evidence. I'd hope that I'm able to present it as well as it looks...lol. Anyway, you all have a blessed evening/night!

Thank you!

I have had posting problems too for 2 days now. I click to Submit the post and nothing happens....then if I save it in Word and try again until it goes through.I thought it was the cloud yesterday....dont know why this happened.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ms berta  try and clean up your computer  De-fragment and empty cache ,also try and turn off your computer  completely instead of rebooting  some times that helps better than a reboot

Or Reset your router/wait 30 Sec....  It maybe time to call your ISP

@Buck52 

I'm truly hoping that this will be the case where the DRO will afford me another C&P exam. However, if he/she doesn't...I can only hope that they'll see, as well as, me telling them about that examiner was contradictory with proof.

So what type of hearing, informal or formal? I requested formal and hope it was a good choice!

Anyway, that was great to get expedited so quickly. I've read on this site somewhere that a formal can take up to 12 months or longer. Well, I keep my fingers crossed in hopes of a speedy and positive results!

Just like you said earlier, I should be able to pick up whether they're veteran friendly within 5 minutes, hopefully.

Don't know if it's a good sign or not, but I do feel determined with a great mindset right now. Hopefully, this will last through the hearing too! :)

@Buck52

Didn't realize that you've already answered about the informal or formal in your earlier post.

Man ole man, do I really need to get someone to check this lappy out! Just flat out missed those comments. 

Edited by Prettypantha

DRO Hearing??  Really?  I thought I asked for one of those when I filed my NOD but that Never happened!!!  Maybe someone could explain why some vets receive a DRO hearing and some just get a DRO review then a SOC and when the DRO is screwed up and the Vet brings this to the attention of the local VA the are then given after the Veteran has filed a Form 9 because they have been told they have to.  After the Local VA realizes they did in fact screw up the SOC on the same day the VET receives a SSOC they also get a letter stating that their Appeal has been certified!!!  I'm telling you I am very confused and will post my confusing under a new topic but I would like to know why some Veterans do receive a face to face DRO and some don't?  Or has this just been one of the many screw ups in my case?