VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal certified, now waiting on docket #

Rate this question

saxman

Question

Well, It is finally certified and at the BVA after the RO having it for 2 years.  Now I'm just waiting to get a docket number.  Anybody have any idea how long I'm going to have to wait just to get

a docket number.  I read the post by brocovet that the time line to complete an appeal is about 4.7 years.  So, I still have some years before this one is complete by the BVA.  I just sent off another 

Nod, and just filed another claim and I just know the VA will deny some of my contentions although the evidence is there.  

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

My docket number came in within months.  It is the waiting for your claim to appear before a law judge that takes some years.  Even after it is decided by a law judge they can remand your case if they feel that the case was not handled sufficiently.  That adds a couple more years onto your case.

The good news is that my second remand was handled within months using civilian contractors out of a Texas firm.  The examiners were knowledgeable and fair.

If you file a second claim when you are waiting for the BVA and you file a NOD on that claim the two claims are rolled together.