VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally a lil success

Rate this topic

killemall

If you may recall....

My buddy and I both used Dr. Bash

My buddy went from 80% to 100% thanks to Dr. Bash.

I on the otherhand was NEVER PROPERLY NOTIFIED OF MY C@P APPOINTMENTS.

the Va then rated me without me ever showing up and I remained at my 70%.

I appealed their decision based on never notifying me...but it will be a few years before I see my day in court.

So I reported to the VA that my daughter had graduated college back in 2014..

They continued paying me her school rate for two years till then finally got to it.

Then they sent me paperwork saying I owed them 4,000.00

I did the forms for waiver of debt being that it was no fault of my own and that Ive been unemployed for 3 years.

To my amazement they sent me a letter today saying that the 4k owed has been waived!!!!!!

While this does not cover the full amount that I spent on Dr Bash just for the VA to not notify me of my appointments and essentially leave me high and dry...

It does feel good to have some success and not have to fret over the 4k.

Thank you Hadit. The information here is amazing.

I'm glad that worked out for you,  and I wish you the best on your claims.  Did you try emailing the secretary of VA,  Mr McDonald, and explaining that you were never notified about your c&p exams?  His office could ensure your RO reschedules the exams.

Absolutely,  emailing the secretary could get your exams rescheduled much more quickly than going through the entire appeals process,  which can take years.  The secretaries office will take action and follow up on your behalf.

I should also add,  it's ultimately your choice,  and I wish you the best of luck on your claims whichever option you choose. 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use