VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SCHEDULE APPOINTMENT

Rate this question

BUZZ

Question

I get 50% rating  for my headaches and I am a 100% pt vet.Every year they schedule me an appointment to ask me about my headaches and keep giving me different pills to try to correct my problem but nothing seems to help me.I do not want to keep taking more pills for these headaches,do I have to keep going for these appointments or can I just stop going.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

4 hours ago, BUZZ said:

I get 50% rating  for my headaches and I am a 100% pt vet.Every year they schedule me an appointment to ask me about my headaches and keep giving me different pills to try to correct my problem but nothing seems to help me.I do not want to keep taking more pills for these headaches,do I have to keep going for these appointments or can I just stop going.

Have they not sent you to a neurologist?  I have severe chronic migraines, I see a neurologist.  Sadly, nothing has helped so far (and I am allergic to a lot of meds, or meds conflict with one another).  I would never stop going for treatment for a service connected condition unless it has gotten better.  I would ask for a referral to neuro and see if they can help, I have even had botox (after much hesitation) for mine and many migraine sufferers have success with botox treatment, I did not.  I hope you find an answer for your migraines, I know how debilitating they can be!

That would be viewed by the VA as refusing medical treatment which could eventually be used against you. I agree with seminoles, you need to ask for a consult appointment with a Neurologist. if it can't be set up within thirty days, ask to use the Veterans Choice Program. Time is running out for the Choice Program and it will expire unless congress extends the life of the program.

Ultimately, what you put into your body is up to you, just saying!