VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&T vs IU?

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

11C,the legal term is "Moot." The 100% Scheduler Award makes even an "Inferred IU Claim," Moot.

Wolf88, give that a rethink. For a very large number of DAV SC at 80 or 90%, it's almost impossible to move the needle to 100% SC. We're talking in some cases, needing New SC's at  30 - 50%+, just to get to 90%. 50% SC's don't just grow on trees, right.

That's where IU comes in. A Vet that is seriously disabled and meets the Rating Criteria as Well as Earned Income Level (SGI $12,400) under 65, is unable to do even Sedentary Work, can qualify for the 100% Comp Rate.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

11c

I don't blame you for wanting to work  if your still a young age, What you might try to do is Tell them you don't want the IU With P&T Request them rate your current S.C. Disability's according to the highest rates by law, if it comes out to 100% then you get paid at the 100%rate without being IU.

But they will probably under rate you to 60%.70%  that's a lot of $$ to give up  but you also take a chance on them rating you 100%

Look up the rating criteria from your disability's and see what you should be rated at?

jmo

................Buck

I'm on the same boat with two C&P awaiting to be scheduled through Veteran Evaluation Services, to see if they can make me 100% scheduler that would make my IU claim moot. They said your 90% and have a lot of claims open, also my claims been expedited again due to not working yet again this time American Airlines stated in a letter I gave to the VA that I am placed of Medical Leave unpaid until I get better. I know I wont be back so I had to resign its been 10 years since my TBI its not going to magically get better overnight which is what they were hoping and the doctor wrote my working on 3rd shift  is worsening my short term memory. He said put to work between 530 am -1130PM anything in between. Of course they denied it, pulled me out of work, stop paying me, forced to pay for medical out of pocket with a pregnant wife, and offered me a job making less then half what I was making. Now I had to go through Obamacare was worried about Trump but he announced he would be keeping the part of not being denied medical insurance if pre existing condition is shown like being pregnant.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 4:46 PM, Gastone said:

11C,the legal term is "Moot." The 100% Scheduler Award makes even an "Inferred IU Claim," Moot.

Wolf88, give that a rethink. For a very large number of DAV SC at 80 or 90%, it's almost impossible to move the needle to 100% SC. We're talking in some cases, needing New SC's at  30 - 50%+, just to get to 90%. 50% SC's don't just grow on trees, right.

That's where IU comes in. A Vet that is seriously disabled and meets the Rating Criteria as Well as Earned Income Level (SGI $12,400) under 65, is unable to do even Sedentary Work, can qualify for the 100% Comp Rate.

Semper Fi

Gastone what does age have to do with it? I thought age was not a factor in any rating?