VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Exam scheduled, but doesn't say C&P!

Rate this question

saxman

Question

Hi all!  VA sent me a letter saying that they sent a request for a private medical facility to do an exam to determine the level of my disabilities?  I filed a claim and the status of that claim is gathering of evidence.  My question is why would the VA request an exam requesting the level of my disabilities? 

Thanks for all the help.

Edited by saxman

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well so they can give you a rating or Service connect it.

Getting a C&P Exam is usually beneficial for the Veteran that is not rated  or S.C. yet.  or asking for increase.

What you may want to do is gather all your evidence up and take with you to the exam, Dr Med Reports and VA Medical Reports  make copies and take them with you  just in case the examiner don't have some of them...like their suppose to...their suppose to read your Med Records & C-file before the exam  especially if this is a PTSD Claim.

The examiner will determinf the level of your disability by systoms or the severity of it opine by Medical Dr's.

They have a chart they go by  and you can find it  here on Hadit as to what you should be rated at according to your systoms  ect,,ect,, if you get a rating and you don't agree with it  you can file a NOD  (Notice of Disagreement)  

Buck52,  the QTC medical service sent me an email that states it will only review records the VA has provided them, and not any records I bring in. My only concern is what if the VA left out some critical information? So, I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.  Really not sure how to tackle this situation. 

• HadIt.com Elder

you can fax QTC and they will send you a copy of the C&P EXAM After they make a decision.

usually after your C&P exam the QTC Makes his/her report to the VA...VA Makes a decision usually within 2 weeks...so wait about 4 weeks`after the exam or you get a letter from your rep letting you know a decision has been made but its not official until you recieved your packet in the mail.

I waited on my c&p exam copy  for about 4 weeks after the exam...but they made a decision on my claim before they released the copy of the C&P Exam...this is done on purpose to prevent the veteran from submitting more evidence after a decision is made.

you do this in NOD.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you take any supporting  medical records to your QTC C&P exam 

ask the examiner if these records you take to the exam are in his/her computer?

b/c if you submitted these records to VA  then the examiner should have them and he needs to let you know if he/she don't have them...then you can let him know you have them and show them to him  if he/she don't let you do that   just complete the exam and be nice and answer the questions the best you can.

and wait see what the results are?

if you disagree  then request another C&P based from what the examiner stated that he/she never had some supporting records in the computer at the time of your exam  but you mention to this examiner you had supporting medical records but he/she refused to read them therefore ...Inadequate  Exam 

site the duty to assist to the examiner.

Ok, I will bring what I gave the VA just to make sure he/she has it to review when making a decision on the evaluation from the exam.  The information I have is critical because it shows the onset of what I'm claiming from my STR.  Thanks again Buck52!

Sax, your at the BVA, got a Docket Number, so ALL your C-File Records are in the hands of the BVA Law Clerks that review your Appeal before it gets to the Final "Top Dog" BVA Judge that actually signs off on the Decision.

Which ever BVA Law Clerk has been assigned you Case, has determined an Med Exam is necessary. Do you really think the Exam Dr is going to go through any thing you bring in? He's been requested by the BVA Lawyer to address specific Medical Issues and render his "Expert" Opinion. Will that take the form of a DBQ or an IMO, you won't know till you ask him.

If it makes you feel better, to haul  your records, do it. Just don't get too jacked out of shape if the DR doesn't look at them.

Did you ever mention exactly which Denied issues were on Appeal?

Your in the Home Stretch now, did you ever say what type of BVA Hearing, you requested?

Semper Fi