VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

NOD Submitted, Inc ordered?

Rate this question

ForThem

Question

Good Morning!

My husband submitted his NOD at the end of August.  He got called on Fri for a Increase appt for his rated condition.  This was one of the conditions we appealed.  He was granted an increase on that day effective for 10/28/2016.

The rest of the conditions are set to REP (not sure what that means).

Since he appealed the rating on the one condition and an increase was granted, shouldn't he get back pay to the original date?

Also, how does the REP status work?  4 of the conditions he did the NOD for were stated to not be service connected.  When we finally got his SMR, I found where they were contained in his records.  

I am afraid that we will not get the date of disability back to his original filing date.

Any information is appreciated.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

"When we finally got his SMR, I found where they were contained in his records.   "

Did he make that point in the NOD and even refer to in the NOD and attach copies of the pertinent SMRs?

"Since he appealed the rating on the one condition and an increase was granted, shouldn't he get back pay to the original date?"

It usually should be the EED ( date of claim) but the actual letter from VA will tell you more.

I assume REP is a ebenefits acronym..someone here will know what that means...

Is it possible that ,with the SMRs that had the apparent nexus, the RO is reviewing the other disabilities too

but so hard to know,.....ebenefits can be confusing.

Do you mean he got a call on Friday for a C & P exam? and ,whoever called .said one of the claims had been granted? or does ebenefits show SC rating for it now.

"When we finally got his SMR, I found where they were contained in his records.   "

Did he make that point in the NOD and even refer to in the NOD and attach copies of the pertinent SMRs?

No, because the VA didnt send him his records until 2 weeks after the NOD was due.  He did say that they should be in his medical records, which base, etc but we did not have the actual records to say where or attach.

"Since he appealed the rating on the one condition and an increase was granted, shouldn't he get back pay to the original date?"

It usually should be the EED ( date of claim) but the actual letter from VA will tell you more

Thanks. We will be patient. It is hard but we will wait to get the actual letter. Our VA Rep is who told us about the increased award.

Do you mean he got a call on Friday for a C & P exam? and ,whoever called .said one of the claims had been granted? or does ebenefits show SC rating for it now.

He got a call on Friday for another C&P exam in 2 hours. He went and did the exam that day.   On Monday, his VSO emailed to let him know that his increased had been awarded and the effective date of 10/28/15.  ebenefits has not been updated to show increased SC rating or anything else. Last time, it took a few days from the VSO to ebenefits being updated.

Thanks Berta! You are a wealth of info!!