VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

QTC form of questions for tbi C&P by a Psychologist

Rate this question

armorer

Question

Greetings,

Instead of dbq style questions a 'VA' MD might ask, I was told to prepare for open descriptions of my symptoms for the 'QTC' Psychiatrist.

In TBI, all the secondaries are all knotted up like a fist so I don't know how to generally prepare for something as complex as that: mixing in Maslow's 'Hierarchy of Needs' for motivations. DBQ's are simpler, as is following along the TBI schedule form questionnaire.

Does anyone have any clue as what to expect? My previous QTC PhD C&P was a bomb for Anxiety, because when I went "Duh", it was interpreted as it never happened: no matter that all my paperwork explained it thoroughly and was handed to her. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Should I fill out my own DBQ's referencing quotes from official documents, and turn those in? I certainly can't battle wits with a South Korean Psychiatrist, and hope to win anyway with a delayed random short-term memory. And I cannot survive mvuh longer living in a homeless shelter with 50 open-mouth coughs at night, exposed fiberglass above my head, and breathing through my bi-pap machine. Please help me.

Edited by armorer

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

She was trying to get inside your Brain...to screw you around , don't sound good.

if they ask you questions you can't answer or you don't know  just say something like  well I'm not a medical Dr so I can't answer that,  and have pen and pad with you and write that down. (that will cool her down some) That your taking notes of the exam will tell her your intelligent enough to address some questions in the exam.

sounds like to me she was just trying to trip you up and we veterans are prone to that and she knows it .

she probably has done enough exams to know how...so  when they ask questions your not sure about just state you your not a medical Dr or medical expert  you can't answer that.

TBI Exams must be a lot different than PTSD Exams?  So I could be wrong on this but if this was me this is what I'd say

They should be some members here on hadit  that has had a TBI Exam  maybe they will chime in.

• HadIt.com Elder

Also you could do this  when she ask about things..> you do know about but you don't know how to give her a good answer  just  ask her or tell her  well I am not sure how to give you a good answer to that but if you read in my medical records  they should give you the information your asking me about   because Dr I am no Medical expert.

• HadIt.com Elder

When you get a copy of this exam and she put a lot things in it she never talked to you about and said she would do one thing and never did it instead the oppsite just back ass Backwards  that would mess up your claim

Request another C&P  b/c You feel this exam was Inadequate.