VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Awarded 100% TDIU and 70% PTSD back to 1994

Rate this topic

emptyshell

Do you have the account set up to Txt & Email you with real-time Deposit & withdrawal notifications?

If your under 65, take advantage of the FREE VA $10K Whole-life Life insurance Policy, enough to plant ya. If you already have the Monthly Pay version of the $10K policy, send in the application for a refund of Premiums back to your new  Award Date.

Semper Fi

Congratulations!  

I always have an answer to all VA "how long does it take" questions.  Choose from the below:

A.  3 days from yesterday, after the third day after tommorrow.  

B.  Longer than you think. 

C.  Exactly how ever long your VA wants it to take.  

D.  None of the Above. 

E.   I have no idea, nor does anyone else.  

F.  All of the above.  

And, the correct answer is:  (drum roll)  F, All of the above.  

Good point Toddt----eggshell are you also a retiree? That can add time to any $$$$.

I have had a 6 figure FTCA award and a 5 figure one...(refund FTCA offset to my DIC)

Both were supposed to be sent directly to my bank via tele -deposit or something....no problem with the FTCA deposit.

The VA for the 5 figure one ,however,  sent me a letter to take to my bank, to advise them it was coming into my account. For many weeks the amount never showed up at the bank...then The check did...in my mailbox, under 6 inches of snow because the wind had blow the mailbox door opened.

When I dried it out , I deposited it at my bank.

Are you eligible for CRDP? That is what could hold up the cash, like in Toddts case....

Edited by Berta

I had a six figure award after my bva award that once it got back to the varo Oakland it was completed right after 90 days...If you can go to your varo to check your staus of retro if not after 45 days you have not received it. Sometimes your varo signature authorizes will sit on these large awards retro payments . All this is from my personal experiences . 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use