VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

unemployability compensation

Rate this question

stebarbar

Question

Im 10 % tinnitus,30% hearing and 50%ptsd for a total of 70% compensation. I wondering what chance I would have getting  compensation. I always worked in a business on phone or sales. my hearing  is severe and hearing discrimation is terrible along with everything come with PTSD. Thanks for your help again. Ptsd is combat related if it means anything

Probably (2) chances, Slim & None, based on your provided info.  Your what, 72 or so, still working? What evidence do you or the VA currently have that indicates you meet the IU Criteria? Age & Retired, don't count.

Appears from your prior posts that you recently got an Appeal award bumping you to the 70%, was there an "Inferred IU Claim," stipulated in your Award Letter? If not, that could be taken as a negative sign, just saying.

How about posting a redacted copy of your most recent PTSD C & P DBQ and your recent Award Letter. More info always makes it easier for us to get a grip on your situation.

With all that said, if YOU think you might be IU, File the IU FDC. 4 to 6 mos, you'll know what the VA thinks. Just have your NOD ready, Locked & Cocked.

Get educated NOW, about how your SGI ($11,400 limit over 65) and ability to perform Sedentary Work, affects an IU Award or Denial.

Semper Fi

Thanks Master chief, the hearing and ptsd award was no inferred IU but vfw vso said I should apply for IU. I havent worked since 2006 and didnt realize I had ptsd and hearing loss until I went for agent orange test in 9/2011 . I dont know how to scan but the last ptsd award increase my ptsd to 50% and said difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances,suspiciousness,, depressed mood, disturbances of motivation and mood,anxiety, chronic sleep impairment and occupational and social impairment with reduced reliability and productivity. Thanks for your advice and I been on sereral BLT's also.

VA IU is determined on a "Facts Found" basis. You say you are or think you are by filing the IU Claim, the VA says, prove it. The more Education and Employment experience you have, the more difficult it is to prove that your so disabled that you can't even do "Sedentary Work."

Just because you haven't worked since 06, isn't evidence for IU. The VA doesn't consider age, being retired, unemployed or under-employed, even receiving SSDI for non SC conditions, as evidence for IU. In your case, it's either the Hearing or PTSD that could be determined to be the IU causative factor.

That being said, you need proof that you can't do or be retrained to do a Sedentary job that would provide you with Earned Income above the VA SGI Threshold of $11,400 per year, $220.93 per week. YOU NEED EVIDENCE of UN-EMPLOYABILITY!

The best way to get that evidence, is from a Professional Employment Councilor. Just so happens, the VA Vocational Rehabilitation Dept (File for it on your E-Ben account) can review your File and make a Decision that would preclude you from retraining. The Voc Rehab Denial Letter would be the Evidence necessary to win your IU Claim. The possibility of Sedentary work would be off the table.

That VR Denial Letter has worked for myself and 3 other Vets that I steered towards it. Consider making that your next move, it works.

Semper Fi

On 11/21/2016 at 9:34 AM, Gastone said:

VA IU is determined on a "Facts Found" basis. You say you are or think you are by filing the IU Claim, the VA says, prove it. The more Education and Employment experience you have, the more difficult it is to prove that your so disabled that you can't even do "Sedentary Work."

Just because you haven't worked since 06, isn't evidence for IU. The VA doesn't consider age, being retired, unemployed or under-employed, even receiving SSDI for non SC conditions, as evidence for IU. In your case, it's either the Hearing or PTSD that could be determined to be the IU causative factor.

That being said, you need proof that you can't do or be retrained to do a Sedentary job that would provide you with Earned Income above the VA SGI Threshold of $11,400 per year, $220.93 per week. YOU NEED EVIDENCE of UN-EMPLOYABILITY!

The best way to get that evidence, is from a Professional Employment Councilor. Just so happens, the VA Vocational Rehabilitation Dept (File for it on your E-Ben account) can review your File and make a Decision that would preclude you from retraining. The Voc Rehab Denial Letter would be the Evidence necessary to win your IU Claim. The possibility of Sedentary work would be off the table.

That VR Denial Letter has worked for myself and 3 other Vets that I steered towards it. Consider making that your next move, it works.

Semper Fi

I went to VR&E and the counselor said I wasnt suitable for any job due profound hearing loss and Ptsd disabilities. high anxiety,panic attacks and other things. I hope this is enough to get tdiu. Thanks for for the advice.  Thanks again.   Vietnam combat vet-- Semper Fi