VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where are my mdical records?

Rate this topic

22 hours ago, chomperjones said:

Thank you andyman. A while back I sent off for my records to be retrieved from the NPRC. They cent me a letter back saying that my records arent there. medical or personnel. Any other ideas??

You do have the option of writing/emailing the "office of the POTUS" and in a very respectable manner as for his assistance in locating your records.  Make sure to say that you already tried the NPRC, and they said your records are not there.  And be sure to thank him/his office for any assistance in this manner. 

On 11/18/2016 at 6:02 AM, Buck52 said:

I don't think VA knows what they do with Veterans Records?  especially SMR'  (service medical records)& MSR (Military Service Record)

I know I've tried to get mine from NRPC in St Louis, they tell me  The  Army Review Board of Military Records Corrections  has them, Army Review Board tells me NRPC has them...so in between those two facility's , So I guess my Records are lost in space!

I did get my New CD Rom C-FILE  but unfortunately for me  my C-file don't have any of my service records/or missing?...which I need to prove my service dates and where I served while in the military.

for my DD-214 Correction

So let me ask you this. Since i already have a rating. do you think it would be ok to just send the new evidence as to why these new conditions are service connected (as they have arisen as a result of my current serviceconnection disabilities). or is it pretty much mandatory that i find and send in ALL of my records?

I guess im just battling between letting the va find everything vs me finding everything. In the past, Ive sent in claims by myself with no vso. And i just let the va find everything. However each of those claims took a year or more from start to finish. This was down in san antonio starting in 2010.

Now that im here in vegas currently, ive been seen two claims filed, finalized and awarded (including retro pay) in under 7 months, one  of them being my mom who served multiple tours in baghdad, fallujah, and afghanistan as a combat nurse/medic with an infantry brigade between 2002-2006

so filing an FDC only seems possible if you know where your records are. But filing traditionally seems to take forever, except here in vegas, which is where i currently am.

So i can either file using the traditional method and hope im one of the lucky ones. or i can wait for months just to find the records and pray on it. I think my decision has been made.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes definitely send in all your evidence!

& upload pdf file the FDC on 21-526 ez & send in your evidence

It's my fault  so don't do what I did.

I filed my PTSD CLAIM and I had Request my C-FILE at the same time but I also filed to the Army Review Board of Military Records  for Military DD-214 Correction.

And they order my records too and when I order my Records from NRPC they didn't heave them...but I didn't need any  what I had was enough evidence to win my claim.

What you may want to do is Request all your medical records from any VAMC you had treatment at.

Be sure send in your SIGNED SF-180

It seems to me after 5 years of non treatment in a VAMC they do retire the medical records from that particular VAMC.

I requested my medical records from a VAMC I use

(Big Spring,Tx VAMC)   until I moved and  was  at different VAMC  (Dallas Tx VAMC) and it was about 8 or 9 years I needed some records from that first VAMC (Big Spring Tx) and they didn't have them ,the records ROI Manager said she would request my records from where they sent them and forward them to me..this was 3 years ago and I'am still waiting on those medical records.

So if you have the evidence to prove your claim send it in asap.

Edited by Buck52

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you have a rating, so VA should have your complete medical records.  There are exceptions to this, but by and large, they should have them.  If you want them for yourself, do a FOIA.  If you want VA to have them, no need.

For your VAMC treatment records, send the form (the name escapes me at the moment, but you can google it) to that VAMC's Release of Information.  If you want VA to have them, no worries, they will get them.