VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Awaiting Place on the Docket

Rate this question

chiefhouse00

Question

Greetings

I just checked eBenefits on the status of my BVA claims and it said, "Awaiting Place on the Docket."  Does this mean that the DAV has reviewed and written statements to support my Remanded Claims (Docket 11-12-911)?

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Greetings

I got this response from the VA on Friday, 28 April 2017 regarding my claims (Docket 11-12 911):

This is in response to your inquiry to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) dated April 28, 2017.

We are grateful for your service to our country.

The Board of Veterans’ Appeals (BVA) has ordered that additional action is needed on your appeal before making a final decision.

This appeal was remanded to the regional office on April 19, 2017.

When all the required actions are completed, your file will be reviewed.

If any further action or development is needed, we will contact you. If not, you will be provided a supplemental decision or Supplemental Statement of the Case (SSOC), prior to returning your appeal to the BVA for a decision.

We are unable to provide any timeframe on how long it will take to complete your appeal once it is certified to the BVA, as it is no longer within your local office's jurisdiction and we do not have any control over BVA. We also cannot provide a date or time frame in which the regional office (RO) will process the remanded actions. As each Veteran’s benefits are as important as the next, they are generally processed in the order of receipt.

We are unable to provide any timeframe on how long it will take to complete your appeal once it is certified to the BVA, as it is no longer within your local office's jurisdiction and we do not have any control over BVA. We also cannot provide a date or time frame in which the regional office (RO) will process the remanded actions. As each Veteran’s benefits are as important as the next, they are generally processed in the order of receipt.

Note: This will be the second time my claims were sent back to the VA for further development.  Will just have to wait it out.

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

Who, your RO or BVA, sent the Letter? Are the above Dates correct, 4/28/17?

Did you or your BVA Rep receive a copy of the Remand? How about the Form ?? waiver?

Semper Fi

Chief, did one of your Appeal issues have to do with your Big Toe Condition being a result of interferon?

If so, don't look for a quick turn around on that Remand. 

Semper Fi

Greetings

Why would you say "don't look for a quick turn around on my Big Toe condition claim."  What do you know that many of us don't know?  

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

Just wanted to be sure it was your Remand that I was looking at. The "Big Toe" reference, was just used as an identifier. You have reviewed the Remand yourself, right?

The # 11 - 12 911 BVA Remand is rather extensive, requiring explanations from the original C & P Dr's (If Available) regarding numerous issues. If the original C & P Dr's aren't available, a significant amount of additional time at the RO could be the result.

Are you planning on allowing the RO to Re-Rate your Appeal?

Semper Fi

Has anyone ever seen this on their station ebenefits and if so how long before bva made a decision on claim.  Sure would be nice to hear something.  Got so much work to be done around my house.  But it seems every time we get a dime someone comes along and takes 15 cents.  Toilets have been over flowing called the plumber and it was the septic.  Jus had it pumped in feb.  so now have  to put new drain lines in.  Things have went up so high.  Had those replaced 13 yrs ago, cost only 1200.  can you believe this time the cost is going to run 4500 to 5000.  Course carpets are going to have to be replaced too.  But we can on.ly do one at a time. Just wish va was not so dam slow.  And I can't even run shampooed had knee replacement a month ago.  Lastime rented a big one from lowes and messed up my back.  I'm not putting in carpet again.  That is what hubby wants.  I'm going with vinyl plank.