VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd non combat

Rate this question

flipper331

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Andyman,  it would be better to call her so you can tell her about your problems...she seems like a very nice lady and is easy to understand the way she explained things on the hadit radio show.

Thanks Buck, but I'm going to have to put this on the back burner for now. Was talking with the wife about this and she says what if it interferes with our possibly adopting our foster child. Didn't even think of that...so...yeah...can't win for losing...road blocked no matter which way I go.

• HadIt.com Elder

We'll that would be a good question to ask Dr Cantrell

If you think it would interfere with the adoption?

I personally don't see how that would  b/c a lot of veterans as well as civilians have PTSD  or some type of Depression & have adopted or got custody of their children.

Although some are in treatment or been through treatment.

Get your  deserved benefits Andyman.

flipper331,

I just had a suppressed memory come exploding back to the forefront of my mind, Monday a week ago.  It has rocked me like a hurricane and left me staggering at the brink of a mental breakdown. After talking with my VA MH therapist, yesterday, at a previously scheduled regular session, I feel a lot more mentally stable. He said it is more common that you would believe, how many Vets report MST years later...due to some of the reasons you mentioned.  For me, it was before DADT, and I was much more afraid of being seen as gay(which I am not), possibly getting physically assaulted from other Marines, and getting drummed out of the Corps on top of that. 

Andyman