VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VARO wants more ROI authorization

Rate this question

JuanP

Question

This is my situation:

But,  the St Pete VARO sent me requests for more ROI authorization signatures. But I have already sent in my 5103.  Do I still have to send in more ROI's?  If so, I have no idea for what who or when to authorize them for.

Another issue, is out of the blue, this C&P Contractor company QTC Medical Services Informed me yesterday that I will have 3 C&P Exams next week ( Dec 5,6th).  Two of which are in Tampa.

For someone who has serious issues with stress and anxiety, thats like getting hit with a ton of bricks.  lol

Seriously though, the ROI thing is bugging me,  I don't know what info they are still looking for, and they want the signature by a Dec 4th deadline.

I have sent in my 5103 with a list of all the evidence they have and I gently reminded them that they ALREADY had a TDIU from me from a couple years ago.  I asked them to let me know if they lost anything else.

any input would be appreciated.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Nobody said it would be easy. At this point, what alternatives do you have? Failure to show up or miss filing deadlines for anything will do nothing but add time and possibly damage your overall situation.

Just maybe, your getting close to the Jackpot.

Semper Fi

JuanP,  I agree with Gastone,  it's actually a great sign you've been scheduled for exams,  make sure you go to those exams,  be honest about your worst days,  write down everything you want to make sure the examiner knows,  because if your like me,  there are always a few things I forget to tell them. Also comply with the release of info requests,  I believe you said that you already sent the form in with a list of what they should already have, which was a very smart move.  You are most likely getting close to the finish line on your claims,  best of luck to you

Also call the 1-800 number and explain (if you havent sent in the ROIs) that you need to know which doctor or agency the va is requesting records from.  I would call them asap. 

5103 and 4142s are not interchangable, and the VA is by law required to do some things, even if you send in a 5103 response.

Can you write verbatim what the letter says please?

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you Tyr, I kinda shut down and could do nothing. 

I left it much to the fates and completed my C&P Exams today.  I had filled out my 5103, which by the way, said that it could be turned in anytime within 1 yr., so, deadline averted even though I think they may say its 2 days late.  I haven't forgotten they should've had this done 18 months ago. They can wait two days!

At any rate, I felt like these C&P Exams which were a 3rd party contracted medical group in Tampa, went pretty good.  My gut feeling is that the Physician's were fair, and neutral.

I need to decompress for a few days or so, but I'll write about that if there is interest.