VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&T!!!!

Rate this topic

Rocketeer

Long time reader of Hadit, first day member.  I signed up to spread the good news and pass along my thanks and appreciation to all of you (and ask a math question in another thread). I am very thankful to all those who have posted and replied.  This site and VBN gave me much information and inspiration as I worked thru my claims over the past 18 months.  On 30 Nov E-bennies showed all my claims and deferred issues have finally been closed and reflected on the letters you can download...100% P&T!!! .  Extremely thrilled and a bit in shock and disbelief.  

I want to pass on my excitement and hopefully some inspiration to those who are trudging thru the VA disability claims process.  Keep at it!  Every diagnosis and condition you obtained as a result of your service is a testament to the sacrifices you made for this nation.  There are laws established to compensate you for that pound of flesh and mind you have given...be it in combat or back stateside in training, from stress, long hours, rough conditions, etc.  Don't ever feel guilty about your compensation or seeking compensation.  You earned it orders of magnitude more than anyone has ever 'earned' their mortgage deduction or welfare or food stamps.  Those are entitlements...VA disability is legally deserved indemnification benefit from our US Government employer for the workplace injuries we incurred.  It is only accessible to those who sacrificed in service to the nation.

Yes the 'process' is a lot of red tape, but in my case the process MADE me seek the medical attention I needed to find out what was causing my issues so I would have the diagnosis to go with the symptoms for a proper claim.   The money is nice, but truly I am thankful to the VA for this process because it is a forcing function to actually seeking root cause and not accepting the 'just take some Motrin' party line that the military docs told me for 21 years (guess what Motrin/Aleve/NSAIDs make a Hiatal Hernia/GERD worse and it doesn't fix a torn meniscus in the knee nor a laberal tear in the hip!)  So don't forget that piece of this 'process'.  While you are working your claims, and determining your issues, you are actually taking control of your health.

Bottom line: 100% P&T whoo-hoo!!  Thanks to all the posters for the information to keep me going.  To all those still in the fight, keep at it!

God Bless You All, and God Bless America!

Rocketeer

WOW this is Great! And you made some excellent points here as well.

The P & T status will give your dependents CHAMPVA ( the spouse has to apply for that at the CHAMPVA web site) and also DEA ( Chapter 35 Benefits)

I have both and have used both benefits and they are Wonderful.

There might be some Property Tax exemptions for you too ..

You said: " Motrin/Aleve/NSAIDs make a Hiatal Hernia/GERD worse and it doesn't fix a torn meniscus in the knee nor a laberal tear in the hip! "

So true....VA has SCed secondary GERD for many vets who took VA prescribed NSAIDs.

Thanks Berta for the comments! I just filled out the NM property tax exemption form!

I am retired active duty so will have to see how CHAMPVA compares to Tricare Prime.  I personally like having access ro both the military clinic and VA hospital, so I keep two PCMs.

I definitelty like the benefit that if I die with 100% my spouse gets DIC regardless if SC'd reason.

Yep my GERD got worse over the years by using 'aspirin' for my chest pains.

• HadIt.com Elder

Always great to hear of a long awaited claim WIN

congratulation on your win (well done sir)

Thanks for the inspiration for other veterans that are in the long wait line.

Gee, I dont know if a spouse can choose between CHAMPVA and Tricare...I hope someone here can answer that....

Have you checked out the CRDP /CRSC info here?

CRDP - Concurrent Receipt of Disability Pay ( automatic---if eligible VA sends the info to DFAS.

or

CRSC Combat Related Special Compensation   (has to be applied for)

Lots of info in this link and also at hadit

https://www.dfas.mil/retiredmilitary/disability/payment.html

DIC is awarded if the 100% P & T is established for at least ten continuous years prior to death.

Or if you die due to a Service connected disability as primary or substantially contributing cause of death.

(or if the VA causes your death)

25 minutes ago, Berta said:

Gee, I dont know if a spouse can choose between CHAMPVA and Tricare...I hope someone here can answer that....

Have you checked out the CRDP /CRSC info here?

CRDP - Concurrent Receipt of Disability Pay ( automatic---if eligible VA sends the info to DFAS.

or

CRSC Combat Related Special Compensation   (has to be applied for)

Lots of info in this link and also at hadit

https://www.dfas.mil/retiredmilitary/disability/payment.html

DIC is awarded if the 100% P & T is established for at least ten continuous years prior to death.

Or if you die due to a Service connected disability as primary or substantially contributing cause of death.

(or if the VA causes your death)

You have to keep your tricare if eligible and champva will be secondary, same with medicare.  

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use