VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

FDC vs standard claim evidence requirements

Rate this question

chomperjones

Question

I have used secure messaging to let my doc know when I have problems with meds.  He usually calls me and we make a change without me having to wait for an appointment. That is usually with my psych doc, but I have also gotten prescriptions refilled through my PCP through secure messaging.  

• HadIt.com Elder

yes  seejermy

This is what S.C. is for !

Also for non Emergency Medical  or to ask a Non Emergency Medical Question about your condition your PCP is treating you for.

I did not see this as a emergency...just communicating to the Dr the convenience of letting her see me while I was at my VAMC without an appointment to her clinic.  while I had another appointment.

All my other clinics either let me know on S.M. or like you mention they call me...My PCP won't do that or communicate via Secure Messages.

• HadIt.com Elder

wablackwell

When veteran files a complaint at the VAMC  from bad medical advise or the lack there of from their PCP, this gives the veteran a bad reputation through out the VAMC- System and your watched carefully in all clinics as a trouble maker.

usually when you go tell on someone like this to the higher ups at the Hospital  like an advocate or Hospital Director  and they tell you this is not to be tolerated ''I'll take care of it''...then you walk out of their office 1st thing  they  do is throw what they wrote down in front of you in the old trash can...I seen it happen.

OIG is probably the best way.

I am seriously thinking about changing PCP?

My PCP seems to have a communication problem & I don't think she has my health at my best Intrest and could care less if I live or Die.

At my age I don't have time for all this B.S.

Edited by Buck52

22 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Unfortunately 

At my VAMC the clinical Dr's don't and won't fill out a DBQ..

Let me be more clear- Your physician/Clinician as in: Your physician from the bricks, not the VA.

For example, if you have been going to counseling at ABC clinic, ask them to fill the DBQ out. Or, you fill out the DBQ and have them sign it ...

You get the idea.

• HadIt.com Elder

Mike Hunt

It don't work like that at my VAMC

I've tried that several times...my MH Dr says for me to go see the C&P Office or see the DAV about your claim.

My PCP says to file a claim and use a VSO if I need help  she refuses to fill it out too!

There jobs are on the line if they get caught helping....

I said yes mam  but this is a DBQ  and explained to her what it was and show her she can fill it out ...> it says so right here on this DBQ.

She still refuses...All b/c they are told by the Hospital Director or gave a memo form VA  front office not to talk to veteran about compensation claims in any way or to fill out any forms that a veteran is pursuing a claim THEY ARE DIRECTED TO SEND THE VETERAN TO THE CORRECT ADJUDICATOR  like  VSO-DAV  ect,,ect,,,

Again at some VAMC the Dr's will help a veteran by filling out DBQ's but my VAMC won't...At least not for me.

So I can understand why they don't..I never knew about this until Elder Member Asknod Mention this new (New guide-lines /Rules with the employee's within the VAMC )

• HadIt.com Elder

I Been using MH Dept at my VAMC For 4 years and being treated for PTSD...I filed my PTSD Claim  and went to the Phyistrist to fill out the DBQ for me...they all refused ...

So I worked my claim my self and didn't need a DBQ...I file my claim and presented all my medical evidence with the VA Notes   the Notes had my Diagnose of Chronic PTSD in them...I used that and my records from Vietnam  and my strssors &my lay statement of the events... I then was sent to C&P and was approved 7 weeks later.

Maybe the C&P Examiner filled out the DBQ? I got the results of the exam 2 weeks later  it was from QTC

You may want to know why I waited so long to file? I had enough of being in denial and my spouse & kids had enough too...I got the help I badly needed before it was to late.

Edited by Buck52