VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just a question

Rate this question

mojo13

Question

i Was told by a VA employee that requesting   a express appeal could have them take away my 70% P and T rating and put me down to 50%, because he said if they send me to a C&P who knows how bad a day the examiner may be in.  Iam 70 years old.  Any comments would be greatly appreciated.  Iam claiming  on appeal vertigo and sleep apnea.   Just asking

2 answers to this question

They are over simplifying and bordering on FUD. Yes, you 'could' get a C and P for any other condition if you request an increase, or any other time. VA can request an exam of your disabilities any time, its not a big scary secret. Yes you could potentially have it reduced if there has been demonstrable improvement. I get really tired of tirades about how the VA is out to get everyone and not pay anyone anything. There are rules they have to follow, and there is recourse should you be notified of a potential denial which, if acted upon in a timely manner, means they can't reduce you until the claim is decided which can take months or years. If you haven't improved then you don't have to worry about it anyway- unless you malingered through your original C and P or something. VA employees don't know you from Adam, and have better things to do than waste time denying everything all the time. Those  numbers get crunched, too, and if they are outside of a standard deviation then that ratings team then calls attention to itself and is up for review. I don't know about you but when IM at work the last thing I want is MORE supervision getting in the way of doing my job. 

Thank you sir,  let them do what ever I am going ahead with the express appeal.   I  have nothing to loose.  I will fight till the end whenever that is.   Now its the point.  Thank you again.