VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vocational Rehabilitation

Rate this question

CaliBay

Question

Hello HadIt Family,

First a little background, in 2009 I used my Post 9/11 GI Bill to get my Bachelors.  I was working full time at a job that I felt was  increasing my depressive state and was constantly degraded.  In 2012, I applied for VocRehab stating my current job was just making my depression worst and they made me take tests, talk with a Voc Rehab outside consultant and a counselor and they recommended I get a Masters in Accounting (my math scores were really high) because it would open the door to not work around so many people (severe agoraphobia).  I got my Masters degree in 2015 and pretty much used up 48 months of chapter 33 and 31 educational benefits.  After 5 months of getting my degree I had a follow up and they felt I was good to go since I was already working and I have a Masters.  No help finding another job assistance or anything, it was a different counselor and she just thought I was working and was good to go so she closes my case.

Fast Forward to the beginning of 2016, still working at the same place for a pretty good salary but my depression, Agoraphobia, and tyrant of a boss have become too much to bear that I leave work and go to a mental hospital.  So I filed a claim in 2015 that was denied and an appeal for an increase in depression and for TDIU and am currently waiting on a DRO Appeal.  My question is should I obtain the records from Voc Rehab for my appeal and will it help based on what I have said?  Can I reapply for VocRehab even though I have already completed Voc Rehab?  Any help or advice would be appreciated.

CaliBay

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

You can reapply for voc rehab, I think they go on a case by case basis.  I went thru the voc rehab program in 2000, got a BS and a good job that I have worked for quite a while.  Now I have a few issues from my service connected issues so for grins, I applied again.  I just received the letter saying I was accepted back into the program.

Good Luck