VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another Success today!

Rate this topic

missunderstood

Thank you. I hope your journey ends in success. I know that it was really hard for me to get from that 90 to 100%, I was shocked when I looked and I was granted the SMC S. I did not even know that existed. God is Great! Remember to fight the good fight and never give up. You have this!

Congratulations! Now you can focus on your kids and Christmas and recuperate from your battle with the VA.

Whenever a Vet gets what is owed them, we all win. 

I have 3 and a half years before my first born graduates high school.  Seems like a  long time, but not really. Kid number 2 is only in 4th grade and the Foster baby is only 10 months old.

I sure am looking forward to those Ch. 35 educational benefits!

Andyman I totally understand. It will be a few years before the education benefits kick in but I love knowing that I don't have to worry about that. I needed that peace of mind. Nothing like knowing that your children's futures are looking bright! 

Misunderstood I must add that not only educational benefits but not having to worry about retirement either.

Since I am the sole breadwinner it concerns me greatly about if or when I can retire.  Reaching 100% via extra schedular will remove that worry for sure.

I know my body won't hold out that long, but I can probably force myself to make the minimum requirements at my job.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use