VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need new attorny that can help with my claim, any referrals?

Rate this question

sckfox

Question

My current "big name" legal team, seems to have forgotten about my claim and are too busy to return my emails. They've had my C-file for the last 6 months on a slam-dunk PTSD case. Is this a normal experience from those who have gone through this before?

I would appreciate referrals from anyone that's had a positive experience with an Attorney that get my case closed with the VA. Not sure what worse, the stress and effects of PTSD or the relentless grinding trying journey of getting awarded your claim.

Your help is appreciated.

The only "slam dunk" PTSD claims I have ever seen are those whereby the veteran has the PH, CAR or CIB on their DD 214 ( or even without those awards but were in proven combat (ie Gulf War or Vietnam incountry))or they are an OEF vet whose service is compatible with the way the 2010 PTSD regulations are stated.

PTSD claims ,since the 2010 regs came out, need a diagnosis from a VA MH professional and also,if their claim does not fall  into anything above, they will need positive proof of the stressor ,that they believe ,gave them PTSD. 

The VA, if your PTSD claim was denied, told you exactly why in the decision.

If we know why maybe we can help and maybe you would not need a lawyer.

Thanks everyone for your input, appreciate the info. I understand its difficult dealing with the VA and nothings a slam dunk as I stated earlier. I meant that in terms of my personal experience and what I feel I have in documentation. It's been a rough road that has taken quite a toll on me, happy to be still fighting.

ID LIKE TO JUST CHIME IN SMALL.. TRY TO SEE IT FROM THERE POINT,,,, NO MONEY IN AN EARLY CASE WON. JUST THINK THAT IF YOUR CASE WAS EASILY WON AND THEY COULD GET A GOOD PAY DAY THEY WOULD, NOW,,, IF THERE ARE SOME THINGS THEY SEE IN YOUR CLAIM THAT ARE NOT GOOD BUT IF THEY BS YOU FOR A FEW YEARS AND YOUR STILL THERE CLIENT AND THEY HAVNT DONE ANYTHING REALLY BILLABLE THEN WIN YOUR CLAIM... THEY HAVE A PAY DAY WITH LOW BILLABLE HOURS. 

Edited by paulcolrain

• HadIt.com Elder

I disagree  that a VSO will  drag a claim out for ''more pay'' sure there's no slam dunk in this game   but a VSO that's experience honest and caring & communicating  you won't be stuck with one that will drag out your claim....to me if they do that  there just shooting them self in the foot.  Most veterans can till if their VSO is working for them.

There are some good VSO's out there that help veterans because of their  passion ''a calling' so -to-speak  that help veterans because they too was in the same shoes at one time or another.

So with some its not all about the $$

VS0s get paid  whether they screw up or do a good job.

The best thing I ever did was drop my POA and handled ,from that point ,all of my claims myself.

But often the problem is not with a VSO or vet rep...it is because the claimant has failed to obtain and give the VA what they ask for.

When a vet does not have anyone on their POA, they control themselves, with a Proof of mailing or ebenefits, what the VA should have from them.

They don't need to call any vet rep hopefully for a call back that never comes.

But that means, without a POA however, they need to depend solely on themselves to support their claim with whatever it takes...reading their SMRs and VA med recs carefully, obtain IMO/IME, buddy letters, etc etc....whatever they must do...and they know their claim better then anyone else will.

Edited by Berta