VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

About Clinical Appointment Visits Concerns?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

When a veteran goes to his Clinical Appointment....example on date 12-7-16

Veteran has a discussion about a medical problem with his VA Dr  or .PA. and is concern rather or not the veteran is thinking bout filing a claim on this condition ( say he don't let the Dr know)  and the Dr discuses his medical problem and states it could be related or aggravated by a S.C. condition the Veteran has...and the Dr has some favorable things to say during this clinical visit during the discussion.

Ok 3 days later the veteran reads his MHV Notes  and what the Dr mention at and during this clinical visit on 12-7-16 is not in the MHV Notes? nothing is mention about the favorable discussion from Dr.  basically the opposite. 

since in some states  its not legal to electronically record a Medical Conversation between Dr and patient

What can a Veteran do to get this correct? can he send the DR Using the MHV (Secured Messages) and request the Dr to make an Amendment to the MHV Notes  about the Discussion they had at the 12-7- 16 Clinical Appointment?

Anybody Know what rights a Veteran has in a situation like this???

Edited by Buck52

I don't think he will have a problem correcting that,  sometimes I believe they leave things out intentionally, but other times it could be that the provider is in a rush due to so many patients (which is still a poor excuse).  I wish you the best,  Buck!! Let us know how it goes! 

• HadIt.com Elder

I sure will flores97

Thanks

Well something similar happen to me when I had my annual VA doctor visit.  He asked me if I ever had steroid shots for my arthritis and I said no.  When I read his notes it said I refused to get steroid shots!  I didn't know how to correct this.  It's just amazing how they reword what you say to hurt your claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes they do and its  dangerous to the veteran health.

if a Dr says something to a veteran face to face...and 3 days later the  in the MHV Notes  the Dr writes in his report a completely different statement as to what he mention in his clinical visit with the veteran.

This BS needs to stop.

if you go to a hospital  patient advocate,  they usually agree with the Dr  and make lite of the problem or say they will check into it and never does anything more about it.

Its usually pretty straightforward who you can record under what circumstances. Just look up your laws in Texas for third party recording. 

https://legaleasesolutions.com/memospdf/Recording-Conversations-in-Texas.pdf

• HadIt.com Elder

I would recommend all veteran take there VA Health Care Serious.

The services performed and medical records documentation & prescription of medicine. 

Just a suggestion

when a veteran goes to his VA PCP or any VA  Specialty Clinics

Take notes during the clinical visits as what the Dr mentions and at the end of the exam/clinical visit ask the Dr to sign your notes that you took during this visit with your S.S.# and date and time  of the clinical visit.

Dr has the right to sign such a note or can refuse to sign......if they refuse to sign  then only thing a veteran can do is check with the hospital Director and see what can be done about this.....when a Dr says one thing during clinical visits and writes something totally different in his report.

Also ask that you read on his computer what he just typed during your clinical visit...their required to let the veteran see what has been put in the computer and officially made as an official record  with the'' Dept of Veteran Affairs'' 

Edited by Buck52