VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• [[Block 2024-002-top-block is throwing an error]]

TBI review results

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

(1) Trauma effects on Veteran's Memory seem to create one of his most significant impairments. Work on aircraft, where the lives of pilots & passengers are at risk, and much of the tasks are quite technical, seems particularly inappropriate for an individual with his apparent level of cognitive impairment. (2) In most employments, relationships & cooperation with coworkers & customers are important. The Veteran's emotional impairments would seem to be a liability. (3) What he interprets as chronic headache, may be a response to cognitive impairment. An employer would be prudent who asks himself whether this Veteran with his impairments is the individual who should be working on aircraft engines. The Veteran's Physician requested from the employer a modification of his work schedule because of concerns about circadian rhythms in the Veteran. That request was nixed because granting it would in the employer's view, it would be a violation of the collectible bargaining agreement with the Union. However, the Veteran's positives with respect to employment were well stated by him when he said to this examiner, "I'm as strong as an OX". .  He only paraphrased my wording left out but the memory of 5 year old I didn't want to be by saying 90 cuz in fact looked 90. I was diagnosed with PTSD in June so they lumped it in with my TBI but at my review he said nothing about it because I told him I was mad about it being lumped with my crash, how can I have PTSD with something I can't even remember but my deployment on the other hand I still remember 7 years later. He stayed only on two subjects my headaches and my TBI review.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet