VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RO Complaint

Rate this question

byjomat

Question

1 answer to this question

I filed a few complaints via IRIS over the years. (They have a complaint menu area)

The criteria for a complaint is to be 100% sure of what you are complaining about.

I got initially got an absurd AO IHD death denial letter in 2010 from the Nehmer Phila RO.

It was beyond all VA case law and regulations to include Nehmer which I consider myself to be an expert on and probably prepared by an idiot who could not read.

Since I have been a hardcore VA claimant for 2 decades and have a nice stack of past denials like this that were overcome by evidence and/or CUE claims, I was furious so I filed a CUE against them the day after the absurd denial came -via IRIS in their complaint Section.

In about three weeks-4 weeks  the award letter resulting from my CUE was in my mail box.

They not only awarded the AO IHD death claim, they also awarded 2 other CUEs I had pending by then for 6-7 years that were set for BVA transfer but still at my AOJ RO.

This was funny.re: the IRIS CUE above...I called Peggy (the 800#) about a status of something else, but the woman gave me a run down of the issues on her PC and said your AO claim was denied on Dec 3rd. Then suddenly she said 'wait , it was awarded on Dec 22nd...it is the same claim....there must be some wrong info here.'I said no that is correct...I wanted a status on something else.She said she had never seen anything like that before.

Since then there is another denial and fast 3 week award (same laim) as well on a different issue I had on my VA PC screen..

I have also complained by fax and by phone, but my point is you have to file something that legitimately would be a complaint.

Complaining about how long a claim is taking is not a legit complaint.....it is the status quo.

Complaining about a C & P exam may or may not get you another C & P.

Complaining about a health care issue or perceived mistreatment by a VA doctor is usually a complaint that should be made to the Patient Advocate and if no luck there, to the director of the VAMC.

Complaints that might be a considered a safety issue should be filed at the VA OIG hot line.

I have a nice stack of all of the erroneous and incompetent decisions I have received,over 20 years,  that were overcome to awards when I fought back and am saving them to send to the new VA Secretary,because I am not an isolated case....this is the crap MANY of us put up with, and the VA so far has no accountability at all for their errors...errors that deny veterans their rightful compensation without good cause.

This is why there is a big backlog and veterans did not cause that....the ROs did.

I dont know what you want to complain about so this is the best I can do here to reply to you.