VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Congressional Liaison?

Rate this question

byjomat

Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

It could mean (if you contacted a Congressperson,)that it is with their congressional liaison person.

I have found that a Congressional Inquiry can add 3-4 months to a claim ( in the sole experience I had decades ago) and the RO Congressional Liaison person lied ( I still have these letters) to my 2 state Senators and my Congressman about what the inquiry was for.

The only way I got that issue resolved was getting on the phone the SSA in Baltimore.

VA had stated to the the above entities that the SSA had refused to release my husband's SSDI records.

It was an absolute lie, The VA had never sent SSA the authorization forms in the  file to obtain them.

If they had, my husband would have received his 100%SC P & T  in his lifetime.

They awarded it 3 years after he died,posthumously as an accrued widow's benefits.

We claimants must check and double check everything they do. (or are supposed to do)

That's likely the RO's 'Cong box' for congressional aide's inquiries. I assume "LAN" is Lansing?

The actual congressional liaisons wouldn't send emails to congressional aides anonymously- (I had a buddy who worked 'Congressionals'  for a non VBA department), so it would be an 'in' box.